ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa financial requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mhy01
Newly Registered

Spouse visa financial requirement

Post by mhy01 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi I have a query regarding the spouse visa applications specifically the financial aspect of the act.

Currently I have just started a new job in the NHS, and I earn £16890. I also have a secondary job which will allow me to earn up to £5000 / £6000 a year. This is more than the requirement of £18,600, but the issue is that with the latter there is no contract which can affirm the amount I can earn, nor guarantee me any hours (essentially a zero hours contract with the nhs). It’s basically working as a bank worker (cover worker). I earn minimum £102 and maximum £170 on Sundays and if I work Saturdays, minimum £78 and maximum £130.

So working on weekends would earn me an additional £180 minimum easily a week but the issue is that although I have a contract saying that I work as a bank/cover for the NHS, there is no specification of how many hours I am guaranteed to be able to work.

Therefore would you hat hinge my spouse application in any way?

I can provide evidence of my first job with a guarantee of £16980, but I can’t prove that I will earn the additional amount from my secondary job even though I will earn at least twice that amount during the year.

What are your thoughts?

smarter1

Re: Spouse visa financial requirement

Post by smarter1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Such application will be rejected as failed to meet the financial requirement, if you do not explain well your situation. Not sure how HO treat this but you should probably ask your employer to provide a detailed letter explaining your earnings at your second job.

AmazingSully
Canada

Post by AmazingSully » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:37 am

You can apply under category A or B with non-salaried income. The calculation is based off of what you actually earned over a period of time. For instance assume you have been working at both places for 6 months (which is the requirement for category A). Your income from job 1 is £16890 (and I'm guessing salaried). Your income from job 2 would be calculated as non-salaried income, ie the annualised figure over 6 months.

Let's assume you earned £1000 in the past 6 months from job 2. Your income from job 2 would then be ((£1000 /6) * 12) = £2000. Your total income would then be £18890 under category A and you would qualify.

mhy01
Newly Registered

Post by mhy01 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Ok many thanks for your reply.