ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE - TIER 4 STUDENT VISA REFUSED

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

daviddavidson
Newly Registered
Russia

URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE - TIER 4 STUDENT VISA REFUSED

Post by daviddavidson » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi,

I'm urgently looking for advice. My case is some what causing a dilemma. I had my T4 Student Visa for a masters degree refused because I was stupid and forgot to include my diploma from my undergraduate studies with all the documents. Im given a choice of applying for an administrative review but it will obviously be rejected because I cannot provide additional documents.

They havent given me any other option except vaguely stating that "I can apply for leave to remain in another capacity" but did not state what the deadline for this is but I assume its 14 days like the administrative review?

I have spoken to my university and they said they will get back to me whether they are willing to give me a new CAS in the next week or so otherwise they insisted its better to go back to my home country and apply from there but this is too risky and I'd rather not take this route.

It is also important to note that I have studied in the UK legally for 10+ years so I can apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain which would be the preferred choice for myself as all the documents are ready.

In addition to this they have kept my passport as my previous tier 4 already expired in october. I have called the home office today and they said they cant give the passport back even if I'm going to be applying again, they stated that I need to mention it in my form. This means that I cannot apply via premium service for a new Tier 4 or ILR without a passport. They did mention that I'm fine legally to stay in the UK while the new application is being reviewed.

My question is, am I legally allowed to apply for ILR in the next 14 days without my passport after having been rejected a tier 4 visa or is there any other way around this?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE - TIER 4 STUDENT VISA REFUSED

Post by sah10406 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:14 pm

daviddavidson wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:26 pm
My question is, am I legally allowed to apply for ILR in the next 14 days without my passport after having been rejected a tier 4 visa or is there any other way around this?
This is a question for the ILR forum, not Tier 4.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

eoo10

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE - TIER 4 STUDENT VISA REFUSED

Post by eoo10 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:15 pm

daviddavidson wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:26 pm
Hi,

I'm urgently looking for advice. My case is some what causing a dilemma. I had my T4 Student Visa for a masters degree refused because I was stupid and forgot to include my diploma from my undergraduate studies with all the documents. Im given a choice of applying for an administrative review but it will obviously be rejected because I cannot provide additional documents.

They havent given me any other option except vaguely stating that "I can apply for leave to remain in another capacity" but did not state what the deadline for this is but I assume its 14 days like the administrative review?

I have spoken to my university and they said they will get back to me whether they are willing to give me a new CAS in the next week or so otherwise they insisted its better to go back to my home country and apply from there but this is too risky and I'd rather not take this route.

It is also important to note that I have studied in the UK legally for 10+ years so I can apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain which would be the preferred choice for myself as all the documents are ready.

In addition to this they have kept my passport as my previous tier 4 already expired in october. I have called the home office today and they said they cant give the passport back even if I'm going to be applying again, they stated that I need to mention it in my form. This means that I cannot apply via premium service for a new Tier 4 or ILR without a passport. They did mention that I'm fine legally to stay in the UK while the new application is being reviewed.

Post your ilr application ASAP.