ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Subject Access Request for 2nd time

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zamaha
Member of Standing

Subject Access Request for 2nd time

Post by zamaha » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:09 am

Dear members
I have applied more than 15 months ago and still no result. Last year in early Dec. I asked for SAR that showed the result of interview as credible.
As Nothing helped me to know about my case (MP, letters, calls..) I was thinking to ask for the second time for SAR so maybe I get a clue about my case.

Dear Zimba and other valuable members, could you please let me know if I can request it again? And does it have any negative impact on my application?

Devin
Pakistan

Re: Subject Access Request for 2nd time

Post by Devin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:29 am

I think it hould not have any impact on your application process. Its your right under data protection act which does not have anything to do with immigration rules or process. They hold your personal data and its your right to access it.
Not sure if you will find any thing about the delay.

PeterLove2008

Post by PeterLove2008 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 pm

@Zamaha, what was your application, please? Initial app or extension app? Can you tell more info on time frame?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:11 pm

SAR is not the way to get information about your case. PLEASE wait to hear back from HO. Unfortunately there is not much you can do
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Thanks all for your advice.

Initial application
I applied in Aug 2016.
Interview in Oct 2016.
Nothing since even a complex letter.
Contact MP in Oct 2017 and I was told to wait another 3 months and if nothing happened call us again.

im2017
Newly Registered

Post by im2017 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:36 am

zamaha wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Initial application
I applied in Aug 2016.
Interview in Oct 2016.
Contact MP in Oct 2017 and I was told to wait another 3 months and if nothing happened call us again.
Very upsetting attitude by HO.
Have you tried emailing their complaints email address. Some people got response after that as discussed on forums.
Best of luck

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:25 pm

@zamaha terribly sorry about this. I am just reading this now.

It is extremely unfair the way that the home office drags the application like this with absolutely now ay to push for decision or at least know how far along the investigation one is. But this is too long. I am quite surprised the the MP asked you to wait for another 3 months when you've been waiting over a year already. Good luck with this and please update us when you hear anything. Fingers crossed for you.
zamaha wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Initial application
I applied in Aug 2016.
Interview in Oct 2016.