ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sean2606

Help with FLR(M)

Post by sean2606 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:54 pm

Hello All,

Need some help with filling the FLR(M).

I am a British Citizen and my wife is originally from Pakistan, she was issued with a spouse visa on 22/04/2015 which expires on 22/01/2018 (I thought spouse visas are issued for 30 months? my wife got 33 months?).

Q1. She has initially passed her IELTS for her spouse visa, with the new changes in English Language requirements I assume she will have to take an IELTS skills for Life A2? Although the form asks 'Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR A1 or higher'

Q2. On the application form in the immigration section it asks 'Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK?' My wife was born in Pakistan and only moved to UK after receiving her spouse visa, so do I enter the details for Pakistan there?

Q3. 'Are you currently in the UK on Temporary Admission or Temporary Release' Does a spouse visa come under either of these?

Q4. Regarding our children, we have had 2 kids since being together. What should we enter under this question? 'Provide details of the role you take in (Child's name) upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements'?

Any help will be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help with FLR(M)

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:15 pm

I am a British Citizen and my wife is originally from Pakistan, she was issued with a spouse visa on 22/04/2015 which expires on 22/01/2018 (I thought spouse visas are issued for 30 months? my wife got 33 months?).
Applications for entry clearance outside the UK is for 33 months. Applications within the UK to switch to or extend a spouse visa are for 30 months.
Q1. She has initially passed her IELTS for her spouse visa, with the new changes in English Language requirements I assume she will have to take an IELTS skills for Life A2? Although the form asks 'Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR A1 or higher'
A2 is required since May this year for an extension. Did you miss the below paragraph on page 41 of the FLR(M) form??
A person who is applying for leave to remain on the 5 year Partner route after 30 months in
the UK with leave to enter or remain on that route, who met the A1 level English language
requirement in their previous application, is required to show that they can speak and
understand English at A2 level of the CEFR.
Q2. On the application form in the immigration section it asks 'Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK?' My wife was born in Pakistan and only moved to UK after receiving her spouse visa, so do I enter the details for Pakistan there?
Presumably
Q3. 'Are you currently in the UK on Temporary Admission or Temporary Release' Does a spouse visa come under either of these?
No.
Q4. Regarding our children, we have had 2 kids since being together. What should we enter under this question? 'Provide details of the role you take in (Child's name) upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements'?
Answer truthfully. If a full time parent etc, then state it.

It would be helpful if you could post the form question number and stated if you are looking at the online form or the paper form (they differ and we can only see the paper form) :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi CR001

Thank you so much for your informative reply.

I am filling the online version of the form. So there are no question numbers on there, that's why I tend to copy and paste the question.

Regarding the English Language requirement all it says on the online form is: 'Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR A1 or higher' so just needed that clarifying. Although I am aware that she will need to take the A2 and have already booked a date for that.

Thank you once again. Hoping for your help if I require it again.

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:19 am

Hi once again,

Regarding my wife's FLR(M) Does she need to provide a supporting letter? and do I need to provide a sponsor letter?

Regards

Sean

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:22 am

sean2606 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:19 am
Hi once again,

Regarding my wife's FLR(M) Does she need to provide a supporting letter? and do I need to provide a sponsor letter?

Regards

Sean
No. You need to provide your passport/certified copy.

If applying in person for a same day decision though, you are expected to attend the appointment with her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:29 am

[/quote]
No. You need to provide your passport/certified copy.

If applying in person for a same day decision though, you are expected to attend the appointment with her.
[/quote]

Thanks CR001

Ah I thought I had to send my original passport too. Whom can I get the photocopy of my passport certified from?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:30 am

The Post Office does it for a small fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:40 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:30 am
The Post Office does it for a small fee.

Thanks once again CR001

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:56 am

Documents Required:

1) Any relevant declarations or third party consent to request verification checks .... what kind of declaration is this?

The checklist requires a birth certificate for both parents of children (non applying children) my wife has hers but i do not... what should i do?

A declaration by me (sponsor/British Citizen) of the source(s) of the cash savings. I have an ISA account, do i just draft a letter stating where the money has come from?

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:52 am

sean2606 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:56 am
Documents Required:

1) Any relevant declarations or third party consent to request verification checks .... what kind of declaration is this?

The checklist requires a birth certificate for both parents of children (non applying children) my wife has hers but i do not... what should i do?

A declaration by me (sponsor/British Citizen) of the source(s) of the cash savings. I have an ISA account, do i just draft a letter stating where the money has come from?

Can anyone please comment on my above questions

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:32 am

Hiya,

Just need some help regarding finances for my wife's FLR(M).

My annual salary well over the £18600 pa requirement and I am also showing my ISA account.
Do I need to show my ISA account? or will my annual salary suffice?

My wife receives Maternity Allowance from HMRC do I need to mention that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:10 am

or will my annual salary suffice?
This one.
Assuming you mean Statutory Maternity Pay, this is permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:17 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:10 am
or will my annual salary suffice?
This one.
Assuming you mean Statutory Maternity Pay, this is permitted.
Great so I do not need to show my ISA account?

No, my wife does not receive Statutory Maternity pay as her weekly pay is below the threshold and as such she receives Maternity allowance from DWP/HMRC.

As we will only be relying on my salary as hers is well below £18600 pa, the reason I asked about showing her maternity allowance is because there is a section asking about 'other income'

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:19 am

If your salary meets the requirement, then ISA not needed.

You would need to read through the Public Funds (click) document to see if her maternity allowance is one of the exempt benefits.

Benefits are not 'income'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:17 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:19 am
If your salary meets the requirement, then ISA not needed.

You would need to read through the Public Funds (click) document to see if her maternity allowance is one of the exempt benefits.

Benefits are not 'income'.
Thanks CR001 just read the attached link and it states that Maternity allowance IS NOT a Public fund which is great as I do not have to include that now.

Although when you say 'Benefits are not income' would it be right in saying that some benefits are regarded as income? As I receive Child benefit and if my annual income is over £50k I would have to pay tax on the child benefit I receive, so would that mean I have to include Child benefit in 'other income'? Child benefit is also regarded as a Public funds for the purpose of Immigration rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:32 am

Although when you say 'Benefits are not income' would it be right in saying that some benefits are regarded as income? As I receive Child benefit and if my annual income is over £50k I would have to pay tax on the child benefit I receive, so would that mean I have to include Child benefit in 'other income'? Child benefit is also regarded as a Public funds for the purpose of Immigration rules.
For the purpose of immigration rules, benefits are not income as you cannot add your 'benefits' to make up any shortfall in meeting the financial requirement (this excludes the exemption from financial requirement cases).

Yes child benefit is public funds but if you are claiming them as an ILR holder or British citizen, then it is not an issue. Tax credits however MUST be claimed in JOINT names with your wife, if you claim or were to claim.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:40 am

[/quote]
Yes child benefit is public funds but if you are claiming them as an ILR holder or British citizen, then it is not an issue. Tax credits however MUST be claimed in JOINT names with your wife, if you claim or were to claim.
[/quote]

Thanks once again CR001. I am a British Citizen and the Child Benefits for both my kids are on my name. So just to confirm that I DO NOT need to include Child benefits?

We do not claim any other benefits.

Thanks for all your help and apologies for babbling on about the same subject.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 am

So just to confirm that I DO NOT need to include Child benefits?
Not as income no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 am
So just to confirm that I DO NOT need to include Child benefits?
Not as income no.
So which section of the FLR(M) form do I mention the child benefit?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:13 pm

8b
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:13 pm
8b

Thanks for all your help

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:14 am

Hi Again

Regarding the NHS surcharge; if paid today, will it be valid from today or from the date the visa is issued. I should be submitting my wife's application sometime next week.

Where on the online version of FLR(M) would I insert the IHS (immigration health surcharge) reference number that I would receive once paid?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:16 am

Paying IHS should be part of the online application process.

It is not a 'valid from' for the IHS fee. It needs to be paid to cover a 2.5 year visa validity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:16 am
Paying IHS should be part of the online application process.

It is not a 'valid from' for the IHS fee. It needs to be paid to cover a 2.5 year visa validity.
I have just had a look at the gov.uk website and it states that the service will start once the visa has been granted.

But my second question is where do I insert the IHS number as I have almost finished the online form (just have to print and sign third party declarations and pay) but have not come across any section where I can insert the IHS number. Do I just write a covering letting and include it on there?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:33 am

Have you paid it as part of the online form process?

We don't have access to the online forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)