ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR to Naturalisation after divorce from EEA spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dark79
Newly Registered
Mood:

PR to Naturalisation after divorce from EEA spouse

Post by Dark79 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi All,

I have recently obtained my PR after 5 years of marriage to my EEA national wife things are not going well and we are in the process of getting a divorce.

My questions is:
1- Do i need to still be married to apply for naturalisation ?
2- I know i need to wait for a year before applying but is it a year from the issue date or a year from the day they said i became PR on the letter they sent.
3- if i don't get naturalised will my status here be affected after Brexit , we have 2 kids and both are British.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PR to Naturalisation after divorce from EEA spouse

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:54 pm

1. No, each applicant needs to meet the requirements individually.

2. The date you automatically attained PR, as stated in the letter.

3. No one knows yet what will happen after Brexit, still under discussion etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:20 pm

CROO1

Apologies for jumping into this thread.

the way i read your answer to question 2 is that, should somebody be married to an EEA nationall for 5 years and hold a R, On the 5 anniversary of their marriage they become eligible/ attain the PR status. The year long clock starts from the 5th anniversary or no the year long clock only starts when the PR card is issued only then.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:22 pm

too old wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:20 pm
CROO1

Apologies for jumping into this thread.

the way i read your answer to question 2 is that, should somebody be married to an EEA nationall for 5 years and hold a R, On the 5 anniversary of their marriage they become eligible/ attain the PR status. The year long clock starts from the 5th anniversary or no the year long clock only starts when the PR card is issued only then.

Thanks
My post was quite clear. It starts counting the 12 months from the date PR is AUTOMATICALLY attained and NOT the PR card date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Thanks for your response and apologies for the lack of understanding on my side.

the 5th anniversary of the marriage date is counted as the day one would automatically attain PR, Please confirm, many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:32 pm

too old wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:26 pm
Thanks for your response and apologies for the lack of understanding on my side.

the 5th anniversary of the marriage date is counted as the day one would automatically attain PR, Please confirm, many thanks
For the third time in another members topic, YES, provided the EU spouse has been a qualified person exercising treaty rights. HO will tell you in the letter you get what the date is too.

Please ask your questions in your own topic rather than tagging onto anther member thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Dark79
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Dark79 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Thanks CR001

Bella21
Russia

Post by Bella21 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:41 am

Dark79, what kind of PR card you have been issued? Is it a permanent recidence card of eu family member??
Thanks