ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tire4 visa after seeking asylum

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Samily
Newly Registered
Libya

Applying for Tire4 visa after seeking asylum

Post by Samily » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Hi Guys,
In 2015 i was on Tirr4 visa and got 3 months before it expires. i made an asylum application as i was afraid of going back to my country as war was started at that time in my city. ( i am from Libya.Tripoli). my asylum application result took roughly 7 months with refusal. i did not appeal and informed my caseworker of going back voluntarily on my own expense to my country as the situation was better (7 months ) and the war finished and it is safe to go back. i made my returning and sent my flight details to HOF. and they met me at airport gave me my passport. so it is been over 2 years now. Now i am applying for doing my PhD studies and am in stage of getting an appointment for my VISA. Do you reckon that my application will not be refused because of my asylum application? it is driving me crazy and need help.

do i mention that i had an asylum application in that last 2 years? or just answer no? i remember asking my caseworker that i will come back to do my PHD studies will i get a ban of entering the UK in future ? she answered with no and you can simply come back. also i read that after 2 years of seeking asylum you can apply for UK visa > is this statement is true?

any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced and please help me in finding the best solution to my problem.

Peted
Brazil

Re: Applying for Tire4 visa after seeking asylum

Post by Peted » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:26 am

I am not an immigration expert. But it seems to me you may well get your visa. I think you should answer all the question truthfully and provide further explanation, as you did above. This can be in the "additional information" of the application form or in a cover letter. In any case, considering your situation, you could seek help from your UK university, which very likely has a whole team prepared to advise you on each an every step of your application. They're as much interested in you getting your visa as yourself. I got this advice here and I've been following it with good outcome.

AliLY
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by AliLY » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi guys, @Peted and all ::::: there are two questions: 1- have you made an application to the home office to remain in the Uk in the last 10 years? Q2: Have you ever voluntary elected to depart the UK? which question should mention my asylum application ? or shall i answer NO for both and then explain my self in th e additional information sheet ??? bear in mind i did not overstay and applied for asylum before my Tier 4 visa went expired. it is been over 2 years now.

another question is when it asks about my course fee. which is 15000£ . in my offer i have another fee called bench fees should i put the sum of both or only the main course fee

please help please i need help.

Hadeel Sadiq
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Hadeel Sadiq » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi
Did you get your visa?? I have the same situation as yours.

Thanks

Libiforever
Newly Registered
Mood:
Libya

Post by Libiforever » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:02 pm

Yup I have the same situation and my visa was refused but with admin review I overturned the initial decision. So go for it but bear in mind that you have to disclose everything and be clear and mention all of things in your asylum application. Best of luck.