ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March HSMP Approval - Application for EC only after April 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

manmoh
Newly Registered

March HSMP Approval - Application for EC only after April 1

Post by manmoh » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Hi,

I recieved HSMP approval letter yesterday i.e. March 08. My inital plans were that once i recieve HSMP letter ill start looking for job in UK from India itself(Because ill have 6 months period to apply for EC). Once i have a job or i am near to getting a job(may be called for face to face round in UK) or in worst case scenerio where i dont get a job sitting in india - ill apply for EC and fly to UK. However, with new point based system in place from April 1, 2008 i am not sure if this strategy is going to work.

Do you have any idea what would be the impact if i try to apply for EC post April 1. Do i need to upgrade my visa from HSMP to Tier 1 (general) by filling up new form (maintainence and other relevant sections ) + paying 350 pounds extra and then submit a seperate application for EC(200 pounds).

Or

For old HSMP approvals old EC rules will be applicable even after 1 April,2008

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:58 pm

Old HSMP approvals will not be taken forward under old rules in any case!!
March is the transition period for all those cases. From 1 April, new rules will take over whatever be the case i.e. may be HSMP is approved or not!!

cheers.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

rsharma6
Newly Registered

going to apply in the next week.

Post by rsharma6 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:35 pm

So Crusador, in that case, you suggest applying for Tier1 after April rather than applying for HSMP right now. I'm applying for HSMP in a day or two. If what you are saying is correct, I think applying after April is much better as you don't have to go through the pain of doing the same job job couple of times.

Please clarify.

regards,
Rsharma

sarascha
Newly Registered

Post by sarascha » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi Crusador,

This is something what 'manmoh' has raised.
I have valid HSMP approval letter from UK, and would like to apply for EC in the month of April, 08.

If that is the case,
a) do I just fill the maintenance section of Tier 1 application + pay 350 punds and submit the form directly to VFS or do I need to submit to UK home office?

b) further as per Tier 1 rules, one needs to show evidence for claiming 10 points for maintenance section.

I didn't maintain 800pounds consistently in my bank account over a span of 3 months. If this is the case, do I need to deposit equivalnrt to 800 pounds, wait for another 3 months, and then start making the application as said in point a).

Thanks

ammu28

Post by ammu28 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:13 pm

Hi,
Even i m in the same situation. After reading the forum and from guidance, i think that

a. we need to fill the new tier1 form. There is no need to fill section 3 which is about earnings,qual age, etc except the maintence section.

b. we need to fill the maintence setion and need to pay £350.

Hope this is clear now.
Regards
Ammu

sarascha
Newly Registered

Post by sarascha » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:46 am

Hi Amu,

The maintenance section requires an evidence that the applicant should have 800 pounds in the bank account at any instant of time over 3 month span. I didn't maintain 800 pounds consistently in my bank account, and I may not be able to satisy this requirment. If this is the case, do I need to deposit equivalent 800 pounds, wait for another 3 months, and then start making the application.

regards..

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:57 am

i don't think so maintenance section is applicable for us ( HSMP before
1st April and EC in tier-1 system). For us still old EC rules apply.
And even we do not need to upgrade our HSMP to tier 1 equivalent.
Experts please comment.

P.S.:Source immigration consultant.

rockstar
Newly Registered

Finds

Post by rockstar » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:01 pm

Hi,

The maintenance funds says minimum of 800 punds at all points in last 3 months.

I have not maintained that balance in my sole account. but my join account with my wife surely has the required balance.

Can i show join account as the evidence?

Thanks,
rockstar

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:55 am

sarascha wrote:Hi Crusador,

This is something what 'manmoh' has raised.
I have valid HSMP approval letter from UK, and would like to apply for EC in the month of April, 08.

If that is the case,
a) do I just fill the maintenance section of Tier 1 application + pay 350 punds and submit the form directly to VFS or do I need to submit to UK home office?

b) further as per Tier 1 rules, one needs to show evidence for claiming 10 points for maintenance section.

I didn't maintain 800pounds consistently in my bank account over a span of 3 months. If this is the case, do I need to deposit equivalnrt to 800 pounds, wait for another 3 months, and then start making the application as said in point a).

Thanks
Sarascha,
I have no idea why you are waiting for your EC to be under tier-1. Is the reason related to 3 years stamping? Then its fine, but maintenance requirements is also applicable on already HSMP approved cases. You have to show consistent amount of 800 GBP for three months.
Your application filed in April will be reviewed under new roles with a fee of 350 GBP.

I didnt wait for that and filed for my EC on 5 march, lets see if its positive well n good. If I get rejection, even I will have to wait and my maintenance period will be over in may, only then I will be able to file fresh EC application under Tier 1 where I will be given 75 points for HSMP approval and then further review.
In any case, during my renewal after 2 years of stamping( as is my scenario), I will be provided with 3 years stamp further.
And in your case( if it is under tier 1) you have three years stamping, during your renewal you will be stamped for further 2 years. So it remains same 2+3 or 3+2 years.

Hope that helps.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.