ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting the UK for Christmas post YMS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AlexxxH
Newly Registered
Canada

Visiting the UK for Christmas post YMS

Post by AlexxxH » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:58 pm

Hello everyone!

My current situation is that I am planning to spend Christmas in the UK with my husband. I have been home in Canada post Youth Mobility Scheme for 3 months now and want to spend three weeks in the UK with my husband and his family. I have an employer there currently carrying out the RLMT for my Tier 2 visa but it won't be finished until the end of December for Jan allocation.

My question is if I will be able to enter the UK? I'll have a return ticket of course and I've never overstayed any visit or visa Ive been on. Please let me know your experiences or if you have any idea if this will be a problem.

Scworried
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Visiting the UK for Christmas post YMS

Post by Scworried » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:46 am

Hi,
My son was in a complex situation as yours as UK was/is his home for more than 9 years he came here as my dependant when he was 11 years old, I have switch visa to another category to obtain ILR, he lost his dependant visa. He went home to apply student visa was refused due to maintenance funds, differed his studies for September 2018, he has lived in UK for 9 years no overstay, me and my husband have permanent residency. He apply for a family visit visa to spend Christmas with us and also not to break his 10 years residency he has been approved. You have to honest, mention your tier 2, and that it is not for your best interest to stay illegal, that you are going back to apply for your tier 2 visa. Your husband had to make a cover letter and u as well because in the application form it is limited what u can write. I will attached the cover letters.
Hope this help, I used this forum to read, digest from peoples experiences.
Salute to all board members, peoples sharing their experiences

AlexxxH
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by AlexxxH » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:04 pm

Thank you so much for your reply, I'm glad everything went well for you!

I dont need a visa to visit the UK as I'm canadian and have common wealth status. But I will be sure to bring proof that it's not in my best intentions to stay as I plan to go back to apply for tier 2. I also now have emails with my employer of me telling them I'll be in the country to visit and won't be allowed to do any remote work for them either while visiting.

Thank you so much for letting me know your own experience, it has made me more confident about getting through. I'll be sure to bring all the evidence I can!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:20 pm

I dont need a visa to visit the UK as I'm canadian and have common wealth status.
You don't need a pre-approved visa but you still require a visa to enter the UK. Which is exactly what the stamp is they issue you when you come through immigration control, a visa on arrival, and you still need to be a 'genuine visitor'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AlexxxH
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by AlexxxH » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Yes thank you that's what I meant! I won't be applying online before hand is more what I was trying to say. Yes my only intention is to go and visit family for the holidays and return in January to apply for my work visa. I just wanted to make sure that I've spent enough time out of the country as I'm unsure what kind of proof I should bring other than my return ticket that I have no intention of staying longer than stated.