ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone work in 60 day curtailment period if sponsors Tier 2 General license is revoked ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

T2GQuery437
Newly Registered
India

Can someone work in 60 day curtailment period if sponsors Tier 2 General license is revoked ?

Post by T2GQuery437 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:07 am

When sponsors Tier 2 General license get's revoked and employee is in 60 day curtailment period, can the employee still continue working until he switches to the new employer ?

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Can someone work in 60 day curtailment period if sponsors Tier 2 General license is revoked ?

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:32 am

You can work as long as your visa does not expire or your employer does not terminate your employment.

Have you received your curtailment letter ? HO takes sometime to send the curtailment letter. Your 60 days clock starts from the day of receiving the letter.

Please refer to page 86 and 87 in the guidelines.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5-2017.pdf

T2GQuery437
Newly Registered
India

Re: Can someone work in 60 day curtailment period if sponsors Tier 2 General license is revoked ?

Post by T2GQuery437 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:27 am

@ravisb_2014. Thanks Ravi. My company license is still in suspension and they have another 20 days for providing explanation for discrepancies or the home office would revoke it if they don't. My company is about to provide explanation. Any suggestion whether i need to move on to a different sponsor immediately or do i still have time to stick with them and see the outcome?

Also could you please share the guidelines link again ? looks like the link is broken

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:19 am

Start searching for new sponsor if you think the license is likely to revoke..
If your employer is genuine and they are providing all the necessary documents, then the license is unlikely to revoke. You did not mention about suspension of license. do you know why ?
Talk to your employer about the current situation and act accordingly.

Guidelines as below :
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5-2017.pdf