ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorced but employed.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

misaka
Newly Registered

Divorced but employed.

Post by misaka » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:27 pm

Hi all, I've been looking around to see if there's any advice already give that can help me out, but I don't quite see anything that addresses my situation. Help or suggestions will be appreciated ...

I'm living and working in the UK on a spousal visa and am unfortunately going through the divorce process with my wife now. We haven't been in the UK for quite 2 years (although we've been married for more than that), but my employer has already stated that they would like to continue to employee me even if it means sponsoring me for a work permit. Hence, I'm wondering what my options are at this point: can apply for a work permit from inside the UK right now? Could deportation be an issue, should I apply for this work permit ASAP before the divorce is finalised?

As to the work permit, as I'm already employed what is my best option for getting a visa? I'm not certain I qualify for an HSMP, I think I'm just shy in points, though I think I would qualify under the new Tier 2 ... do I even need to worry about this since I'm already employed?

Sorry for the multitude of question marks, any advice will be appreciated. :) TIA,

--Misha

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:43 pm

Chapter 9 - General ground for the refusal of entry clearance, leave to enter or variation of leave to enter or remain[/url] > [url=http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/idischapter9/section5.pdf?view=Binary]Section 5 - Curtailment wrote:5. CURTAILMENT WHEN A MARRIAGE BREAKS DOWN

Where we have been notified that a marriage has broken down during the probationary period, a person's stay in the United Kingdom may be curtailed where more than one month of their leave is remaining. (See also Chapter 8, Section 1, Spouses.)
Listen to Ajahn Brahm's The Ending of Relationships.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

irfankais
Newly Registered

Post by irfankais » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:00 pm

One of my friends was in same situation. He got divorsed and before that he got work permit as well. BUT HIS WIFE APPLIED TO THE DEPTT CONCERNED WITH DOMESTIC VIOLENCE and poor dude was honoured with a free airline ticket to Islamabad international airport. So keep ur head down and always remember ITS QUEEN'S COUNTRY not KING'S.

best of luck

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:46 pm

irfankais wrote:One of my friends was in same situation. He got divorsed and before that he got work permit as well. BUT HIS WIFE APPLIED TO THE DEPTT CONCERNED WITH DOMESTIC VIOLENCE and poor dude was honoured with a free airline ticket to Islamabad international airport. So keep ur head down and always remember ITS QUEEN'S COUNTRY not KING'S.

best of luck
And if he was a wife beater, then being deported was a good thing!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:51 pm

gollywood wrote:
irfankais wrote:One of my friends was in same situation. He got divorsed and before that he got work permit as well. BUT HIS WIFE APPLIED TO THE DEPTT CONCERNED WITH DOMESTIC VIOLENCE and poor dude was honoured with a free airline ticket to Islamabad international airport. So keep ur head down and always remember ITS QUEEN'S COUNTRY not KING'S.

best of luck
damn straight

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:53 pm

SYH wrote:
gollywood wrote:

best of luck
damn straight
Before we all jump on the band wagon of generalisations!

Women can LIE!!!

Be objective, NOT subjective!!!

If he was beating her - they did the right thing.

If she did it to get him deported, they didn't do the right thing.

Peace! :roll: