ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Crime not Recognized

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

Crime not Recognized

Post by samira_uk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi,

it is a weird situation for my friend. she is going to apply for a UK family visa but she was fined by police in her own country for not having a proper Hijab! She does not know if she has to declare it on the application form as this offence is not recognized in the UK.

Any thought?

neil1960
Newly Registered

Re: Crime not Recognized

Post by neil1960 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:29 am

samira_uk wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:06 pm
Hi,

it is a weird situation for my friend. she is going to apply for a UK family visa but she was fined by police in her own country for not having a proper Hijab! She does not know if she has to declare it on the application form as this offence is not recognized in the UK.

Any thought?
My thought would be to declare it even if its irrelevant. The consequences of not declaring it and it being relevant could be catastrophic!

sam550

Re: Crime not Recognized

Post by sam550 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:58 am

Despite what many believe, there aren't as many non-spy links between countries in terms of sharing of criminal records. Generally, the onus is on the applicant to provide such details, if required.

There are some inter-country links, such as Interpol, Five Eyes and more, but inevitably these are very restricted, for good reason, and don't easily provide information on you to the departments where you'd almost find it useful for them to have your info.

But consequences of not declaring it can be catastrophic.