ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR continuous period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sai0055
Newly Registered
Bermuda

ILR continuous period

Post by Sai0055 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:30 am

Hi Everyone,

Me and My wife both entered UK 5 years back as tier2 general main applicants. In the 2 year my wife switched her visa from tier 2 general main applicant to my dependent(I.e tier 2 general dependent).

I now got my ILR last month. I am planning to apply ILR for my wife aswell, As she completed her 5 years stay in UK.

I heard from few friends saying her 5 year continuous period broke and won’t qualify for ILR on 5 year stay. As she’s was not dependent all 5 years. Her meter would have reset to zero when she switched from tier 2general main applicant to dependent.

Please could someone guide me on the above Thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: ILR continuous period

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:55 am

Sai0055 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:30 am
I heard from few friends saying her 5 year continuous period broke and won’t qualify for ILR on 5 year stay. As she’s was not dependent all 5 years. Her meter would have reset to zero when she switched from tier 2general main applicant to dependent.
That’s correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sai0055
Newly Registered
Bermuda

Post by Sai0055 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:41 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:55 am
Sai0055 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:30 am
That’s correct.
Thanks @vinny

Is this in immigration rules somewhere?

I searched and couldn’t find any in gov site.

Please help me to find this Thanks

Sai0055
Newly Registered
Bermuda

Post by Sai0055 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:56 am

Can she apply for ILR as my dependent?

I think this should be fine as it dint say anywhere that 5 years after July 2012 should be on same category tier.

Please try and help on this.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:26 pm

Please chick on my above link for further information. 319E(d)(ii) applies.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.