ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New requirements for settled status

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mark83
Newly Registered
Italy

New requirements for settled status

Post by mark83 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:50 pm

According to the immigration minister, Brandon Lewis, the new 'settled status' application which will go online in late 2018 will consist of six to eight questions, which will take a matter of minutes to fill in. The CSI requirement will no longer be enforced. Neither will other (as yet unspecified) requirements of the current PR process. Can anyone speculate as to what the new requirements are likely to be? For example, do you think there will be a more liberal regime with regard to absences? Will time accrued in the past still be counted (e.g. my time from 2003-2008 as a student without CSI)?

Manchester171

Re: New requirements for settled status

Post by Manchester171 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:27 pm

There is already a beta online passport application form that you don't need to download the forms and print it. You apply and pay the fees for a British passport online. But the point is you still need to send the supportive original documents anyway within 2 weeks. Probably, it will be the same for the settled online application. Simple steps to follow online, yippee ( this was to sound nice for Brussels). But they will need the original supportive documents to be sent to prove the applicant's 5 years of permanent living. Mrs May wouldn't mention that in her speech. :)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: New requirements for settled status

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:46 pm

We will need to see what the new Immigration Act looks like, also perhaps there will be an act (or statutory instruments?) covering EEA Legacy Freedom of Movement. And then there's the guidance for case workers, and will there be a separate appeals process, etc. etc. The "8 Question Systems Application" makes for good headlines but I would be worried about the two weeks decision time frame.
The devil will be in the detail.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.