ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1G dependant to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hsyasin

T1G dependant to ILR

Post by hsyasin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi all,

I'm a british citizen now, through T1G 5yr route. Thought I should start preparing for my wife's ILR, due in Sep2018. So was wondering what documents do I need and what tests is she required to give:

1. English level B1 test certificate (£150 :shock: ), is that correct?
2. Life in the UK certificate
3. Her passport

What else will I need to submit?

hsyasin

T1G dependant to ILR English Req

Post by hsyasin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi all,

A bit confused about this, my wife gave IELTS just before coming to UK in Sep2013, score i think was 6.5 or 7.
But anyways, now her ILR is due Aug this year and on gov.uk, it says that if your qualification has runout, you can still use it if
Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:
•it’s on the current list of recognised tests
•it was accepted for another UK immigration application, eg when you got permission to enter
So, the question is, does anyone know or have used their old IELTS certificate instead of a new B1 test?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T1G dependant to ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:28 pm

As a Tier 1 dependent, she was not required to provide English proof for a dependent visa, so her test is irrelevant as she has not used it for a previous application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.