ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job scene in April

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp

Job scene in April

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:45 am

Hi Forum,

I came to the UK under the impression that there are a lot of jobs starting the first week of feb. However, I found the response very lukewarm.

Now I hear people saying that April is when there are maximum jobs as it is the start of a new financial year.

Can senior member please comment if this is true, and can it be relied upon while assuming that there will be more and better job opportunities in April first week onwards?

Looking forward to expert comments.

Regards
InUkOnHsmp

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:54 am

it doesnt matter, any time is a good time or bad time.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:42 am

The profession you are seeking work in and the location are pretty important.

There are many factors that determine how many jobs are available, including performance of the economy.

Also, your methods of looking for work will have a big impact on how many available positions you locate.

Jobs being available at a certain time of year really doesn't have much logic behind it. In the first months of a fiscal year there may be a small bump due to new budgets. That will depend upon the above factors (economy, etc.).

There can be declines at certain times .. Christmas season for example. The jobs may be available, but people aren't very focused on interviewing unless there is some emergency.

Also, at the end of a fiscal cycle, when there is surplus budget to spend, there may be a bump.

As you see, it really depends upon the companies doing the hiring, their budgets, and their economic performance.

So, all year is pretty much a good time to be searching. Your search methods will be one of your largest factors determining your success.

the Admin
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:42 am

Hi InUkOnHSMP,
My personal opinion..the job market will get worse in the days to come.
The impact of US downturn has been felt slightly till now in UK and full impact is yet to be unleashed.
The companies which are trimming their work-force in US can anytime start the same in UK too(remember the CTC to a company in $ terms is much more in UK).

But this shouldn't deter you. The UK market is much more stable as compared to US and there always are opportunities.

By the way, what do you work on?

NShar1

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi,

Site Admin, SYH and nshar1 thanks for your response.

I work on C++ Unix and have around 4 years of experience in this skillset, and overall 5 and a half years of IT experience.

Site admin: I am interested in knowing about the job scene in London.

Any other comments?

Regards

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:52 pm

Looks like there is a down turn round the corner....I am not trying to discourage you guys, who are coming to UK..But have practical expectations..You will have to be patient and need some moeny to fall back on..UK can be expensive ,and with out a job money seems to run out faster...

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:47 am

yes true ...but are we talking about any concrete figures or indices

to look for , which will indicate the impact of US recession in UK ?

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:20 am

Note that I'm located in RÄ«ga, Latvija.

My knowledge of the UK market is quite thin. As a former IT person and university lecturer in the U.S., I can only speak in more general terms based upon my experiences and general knowledge of current news.

http://www.workpermit.com is affiliated with http://www.sybersolve.com, which is a company that provides technical & IT service in the UK. They might be an excellent contact since they are always recruiting.

I notice the website is down as I type this, but we're working on getting it back online right now. We migrated servers overnight .. so there's still a few loose ends that need to be tied up.

the Admin
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice

pyke

Post by pyke » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:30 am

What about summer and after when fresh graduates enter the job market? Wouldn't that have some impact on one's chances of getting a job?

daisy_ktm
BANNED

Post by daisy_ktm » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:37 pm

FRIENDS,

NO JOB HERE..LETS BE CLEAR...GO BACK TO HOME COUNTRY REQUEST PREVIOUS HR MANAGER TO GIVE BACK INDIAN JOB.I THINK THATS THE ONLY WAY...

THINK TWICE OR THEICW BEFORE QUITING YOUR JOBS...1000S OF HSMP
HOLDERS STARTED WORKING IN SUPER MARKETS & COFEEE SHOPS..
I KNOW AT LEAST 10 OF MY FRIENDS IN COFEE SHOPS, CLEANING TABLES. THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THAT JOB WITH EASTERN EUROPIANS WHO GOT A DEFINITE EDGE OVER INDIANS..

SO EVEN THAT IS NOT EASY

NO IT JOB HERE AT ALL..