ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 to Tier 2 able to work?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bizzybee123
Newly Registered
Canada

Tier 5 to Tier 2 able to work?

Post by bizzybee123 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm currently on a Tier 5 visa expiring in March and will go back to Canada in Feb to apply for my Tier 2 visa sponsored by my work. Given my Tier 5 visa is still valid until March, can I work remotely for my UK sponsor in February while waiting for my Tier 2 visa in Canada? I will technically still be completing my previous role in the Tier 5 visa before I was hired to do the Tier 2 sponsored role.

Thanks!

Casa

Re: Tier 5 to Tier 2 able to work?

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 pm

How will you show that you haven't been pre-selected for the position and that the full RMLT has been carried out. This may be a challenge if you were previously employed by the same company under your Tier5 visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.