ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Russell59

What Next ?..confused..Helpppppp

Post by Russell59 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:23 pm

I am an British Citizen,my Wife is from Belarus,She joined me in the UK on 15.11.17..she has leave to remain here for 36 Months.She speaks very good English..but we are both unsure as to what she has to do next now she is here with me.She eventually wishes to become a British Citizen.Any information on what we must do to get her on the right path would be very welcome..Many thanks in Advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What Next ?..confused..Helpppppp

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 pm

36 months?? Are you sure???

Has she collected her Biometric Residence Permit from the Post Office?

Nothing to do now till shortly before she has 2.5 years residence and then she applies for a spouse visa extension on form FLR(M), meeting all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Russell59

Re: What Next ?..confused..Helpppppp

Post by Russell59 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Many Thanks for your Help..and wishing you a Happy Christmas

Russell59

English Language Test

Post by Russell59 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:20 pm

i am a UK Citizen,my Wife is from Belarus.She has been granted 24 Months Visa to stay with me in the Uk and she has collected her Biometric permit from the Post Office..she intends to apply for FLR (M) before her Visa expires.She is finding it somewhat confusing as to weather she will have to take a further English Language test as part of her FLR application.She has already had to pass an English Exam as a part of Her original Spouse Visa application.She took the first English test with an approved UK Government Test Centre in her country..any thoughts,information would be very welcome indeed..Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English Language Test

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:28 pm

Please can you refrain from posting spouse visa questions in the 'British Citizenship' sub forum and keep all your questions in one topic (this one now merged).

See Multiple Topics/Posts (click)

She is required, as the rules stand now, to do the English A2 for her extension. As HO frequently updates and changes the requirements, no one can tell you what she will need at the time in 2.5 years years when she is due to extend.

You will need to check nearer the time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.