ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change name through marriage

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mariabel
Newly Registered

Change name through marriage

Post by Mariabel » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:26 am

Hi!
I am writing to ask advice on how to change into my married name on my British naturalisation certificate. I became a British citizen in 2015 but have not applied my passport yet. I wanted to change my naturalization certificate changed into my married name before applying for my british passport. Please can you advice me on how to do this?
Thank you very much.

Mariabel

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change name through marriage

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:42 am

My understanding is that you cannot change your name on your naturalisation certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baddy

Re: Change name through marriage

Post by baddy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Mariabel wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:26 am
Hi!
I am writing to ask advice on how to change into my married name on my British naturalisation certificate. I became a British citizen in 2015 but have not applied my passport yet. I wanted to change my naturalization certificate changed into my married name before applying for my british passport. Please can you advice me on how to do this?
Thank you very much.

Mariabel
You can't change your name on your naturalisation certificate. The same way you can't change your name on your birth certificate just because you are married. Apply for the british passport with your naturalisation certificate and your marriage certificate.