ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP application Travel Document Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

1128theboo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

FLR FP application Travel Document Question

Post by 1128theboo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:14 am

Hello, congratulations firstly on your successful application. I am new to this forum and can't find the find where to write a new post.

I have applied for FLR (FP) and received a letter with the wordings about been complex and falls under their service standards. However my main question is: I applied with an emergency travel certificate issued by my EMBASSY and not a passport. Can anyone advice if they will accept this as a travel document instead of a passport as basis of identification? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR FP application Travel Document Question

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:08 am

It is a standard letter.

On what basis have you applied for FLR(FP)?

What is your UK immigration history?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:21 pm

1128theboo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:14 am
Hello, congratulations firstly on your successful application. I am new to this forum and can't find the find where to write a new post.

I have applied for FLR (FP) and received a letter with the wordings about been complex and falls under their service standards. However my main question is: I applied with an emergency travel certificate issued by my EMBASSY and not a passport. Can anyone advice if they will accept this as a travel document instead of a passport as basis of identification? Thanks.

UKVI will write to you if you have not supplied the correct identification. FLR FP guidance notes state

"Provide a valid or most recent passport, travel document or national identity card for
yourself and any dependants applying as specified in the application form, as evidence of
your identity and nationality, unless it is not available for reasons beyond your control".

So you're covered with this.

Quite normally the "complex in nature" letter usually comes with the biometric letter and any additional information. If you had no letter informing you that you do have an invalid application by not submitting the correct form of ID don't worry.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

1128theboo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by 1128theboo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:02 pm

Thank you very much for your reply and you did bring a smile to my face. Good to see positive and reassuring feedback. I have only received my bio letter/complex in nature letter but nothing in respect to the application been invalid due to document submitted. Thanks once again and happy new year to all forum members!

1128theboo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by 1128theboo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi,

Thanks once again for your response regarding my previous post of sending in an Emergency Travel Certificate from my embassy instead of a Passport as proof of identification/Nationality. I still have not received any correspondence from the HO advising that my application is invalid because of this as i was not sure if they would accept the emergency travel document in place of a passport or National ID Card.

As per my previous post - i did get a letter advising that my application is complex in nature so falls outside of the service standard along with my biometric letter. The application will be 6 months on the 25/02/2018. My biometrics was done on 15/12/2017. Please can you answer the questions below if possible:

1 - Is there any chance i could get a decision within the 6 months after receiving this letter advising my application falls outside of service standard?
2 - Would the HO definitely make contact advising my application is invalid should they not honour the the travel document provided as proof of nationality/identity
3 - How long normally will it take to get a decision after the 6 months have elapsed considering i did my biometrics on the 15-12-2017?

Thank you very much.
P/s I am a father to two british children (4yrs and 16months)

Regards