ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial criteria set out at 17.2 of Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bluemoon2

Financial criteria set out at 17.2 of Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:50 am

I am a naturalized Irish citizen living and working in Ireland and got married in 2015 in India and I want to apply for my wife,s visa to come to Ireland , I have read your Policy Document On Non- EEA Family Reunification and understood everything except one thing which is " Financial criteria set out at 17.2 of Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification " which says " Irish citizens wishing to apply for family reunification for spouses/children are required to have earned not less than €40,000 over the previous three years combined prior to the application " , I am confused about it so my question is , is this 40000 Euros limit applies only on wife,s visa or wife plus child visa ? I have a daughter of 1 year and 10 months old as well so which limit would apply if I apply for both visas ?

I couldn,t find any thread about this topic here , thats why I opened a new thread about it here .
Any help in this matter is much appreciated

bluemoon2

Re: Financial criteria set out at 17.2 of Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification

Post by bluemoon2 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:43 am

Anyone here with any idea ?

bluemoon2

Re: Financial criteria set out at 17.2 of Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification

Post by bluemoon2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:17 am

Hello guys ? anyone here with any clue regarding my question ?
?

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:11 am

Hi,

I guess 40k is for wife only, but thats my understanding.
By the way, is your child eligible for FBR? then its simple.

What do know about policy 20.1 saying 7 years elapsing period, any clear idea?

reg
India

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Yes my child is eligible for FBR and I applied for FBR in januay 2017 but still not response , I am under the impression that they are not happy to process FBR applications of Naturalized Irish citizens , I asked them twice application status and both times got reply we are processing application while I saw many people here on this board applied in July and August and they got approved but all of them have Irish born parents / grand parents , not naturalized citizens like us .

20.1 policy mean if you got suppose your first visa on Irish / EU marriage basis on 01/01/2010 then you won,t be able to apply for spouse visa before 01/01/2017 if you get married with any non EU person.

17.2 Policy , I got reply from inis about this , here is reply " The criteria is set out in the policy document. individual circumstances will apply in each application made for a visa. It is not possible to give assurances in advance of an application being made. However, you should be able to establish for yourself if you would be eligible for family income supplements or any other circumstances which would be pertinent to your
family's applications. "
, I can not understand this properly , someone with more knowledge or senior member here can explain it in plain English.