ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR without passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AfroMatic
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Applying for ILR without passport

Post by AfroMatic » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi guys,

So my biometric expires in June 2018. I was given a 3 year discretionary Leave to Remain, first in Feb 2012 and now I’m nearing my 6 years!

A littler back story, I came here (U.K) when I was 11 and we overstayed (not by choice, parents obviously) I am now 29, married, with a child. I have a passport but when I was about 18, it got washed by accident, I still have it, it’s just not in a condition to use. You can see my nationality, name etc, I tried applying for new one but I was told to get a new one, o need to go back home & get some sort of identity you get when turn 18 so cannot Renee my passport.

My question is, can I still apply for ILR without passport or am I doomed?

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: Applying for ILR without passport

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:44 pm

AfroMatic wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 pm
Hi guys,

So my biometric expires in June 2018. I was given a 3 year discretionary Leave to Remain, first in Feb 2012 and now I’m nearing my 6 years!

A littler back story, I came here (U.K) when I was 11 and we overstayed (not by choice, parents obviously) I am now 29, married, with a child. I have a passport but when I was about 18, it got washed by accident, I still have it, it’s just not in a condition to use. You can see my nationality, name etc, I tried applying for new one but I was told to get a new one, o need to go back home & get some sort of identity you get when turn 18 so cannot Renee my passport.

My question is, can I still apply for ILR without passport or am I doomed?
You should be able to still apply, but, it might be worth trying to get some other documents that can confirm your identity and maybe write a letter of explanation as to why your passport cannot be renewed.

Again, ILR is now issued on a BRP card and will state indefinite-leave-to-remain (since 2014-15, I think) and not a sticker on a passport like before.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Zim1980
Newly Registered
Zambia

Re: Applying for ILR without passport

Post by Zim1980 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:31 am

Hie, what did you end up doing in this case as I’m in the same situation. Thanks