ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of lawful residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aviatoro
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by aviatoro » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for the British citizenship, I am a student and I haven't worked much, only during summers. I have letters from the educational establishments to prove that I spent the past 11 years in the UK. However, I have worked for three employers in the meantime, for a short amount of time. I have a few questions and I hope someone can help me.

• Are letters of employment good enough to prove my residence? (My name, N.I.N, positon, the dates I was employed plus the letter is signed and stamped by the manager)
• What if the letter is not stamped, is it acceptable?
• One of the companies went out of business, there is no email and the only phone number is not recognised. I worked there for 3 weeks, it was an agency. I haven’t got a payslip, what can I do?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Evidence of lawful residence

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Do you have a document certifying PR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aviatoro
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by aviatoro » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:13 pm

Thanks for your reply, I have it since March 2016.

dhyperion
Mood:

Post by dhyperion » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:45 am

Any documents you used to prove residency in the UK when you applied for your PR can be used again (along with your PR card of course) in your citizenship application.

aviatoro
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by aviatoro » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:50 am

Hi all,

I made a similiar post recently, but I haven't explained my situation well.
I am applying for the British citizenship, I am a student and I haven't worked much, only during summers. I have letters from the educational establishments to prove that I spent the past 11 years in the UK. However, I have worked for three employers in the meantime for a short amount of time. When I applied for the PR I done it together with my family, my father recieved his PR due to the fact that he was employed and I got it, because I was a student. I have a few questions and I hope someone can help me.

• Are letters of employment good enough to prove my residence? (My name, N.I.N, positon, the dates I was employed plus the letter is signed and stamped by the manager)
• What if the letter is not stamped, is it acceptable?
• One of the companies went out of business, there is no email and the only phone number is not recognised. I worked there for 3 weeks, it was an agency. I don't have a payslip, P45 or P60. Any advice ?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:52 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.