ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How soon you can apply for UK visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

How soon you can apply for UK visitor visa

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:22 pm

Happy New Year to all,

Hope everyone had nice time last year and looking forward for this year.
I am planning to apply for my father's visitor visa on August, 2018 but he is planning to travel on next year summer around April, 2019.

I wanted to know will UKVI accept visa application if you are applying 6 months before. I can't see any rule on this. please point me if there is any.

Recently I tried to create an online visa application for my father, it does allow for an application applying more than 6 months before. Not sure later if it fails or rejects as it just asks date of arrival to UK which is around 8 months later.

I will be really grateful if you clarify my queries please. Thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: How soon you can apply for UK visitor visa

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:29 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: How soon you can apply for UK visitor visa

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:53 pm

thank you vinny for your swift response.
As per rule, we can apply just 3 months prior to the date of travel or arrival.

Just curious to know - why does the online application allow you to enter future date beyond 3 months ?
In that case, it will be always rejected.