ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR qualified time

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KNY

ILR qualified time

Post by KNY » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi gurus,

Please does the time between Administrative review refusal and the second application approval counts towards the 5 years necessary for ILR application or we have to remove it from the number of years lawfully spent?

Thanks.

Ade.

marcnath

Re: ILR qualified time

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:22 pm

Once you second application is approved, that counts towards the 5 years.
You were an overstayer for the period, but that overstay is ignored.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

GAMBUN
Newly Registered
Guinea Bissau

Post by GAMBUN » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:40 am

I have a similar question, I applied for my extension in December 2017 still waiting for decision, but by the 1st February 2018 I will be lawfully resident of 10 years in UK, but my 10 years include 2 years on PSW , can I still send a fresh application in feburay for the ILR under the 10 year route while withdrawing my extension application??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:42 am

GAMBUN wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:40 am
I have a similar question, I applied for my extension in December 2017 still waiting for decision, but by the 1st February 2018 I will be lawfully resident of 10 years in UK, but my 10 years include 2 years on PSW , can I still send a fresh application in feburay for the ILR under the 10 year route while withdrawing my extension application??
Please ask your questions in your own topic rather than tagging onto another members thread. It is considered rude and creates confusion. See point 12 in this link of FAQs on the forum rules (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GAMBUN
Newly Registered
Guinea Bissau

Post by GAMBUN » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:50 am

Thanks for that advice.

KNY

Post by KNY » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:52 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:22 pm
Once you second application is approved, that counts towards the 5 years.
You were an overstayer for the period, but that overstay is ignored.
Thanks Marcnath