ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - CoS verification error - Tier 2 Change of Employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mental4vray
Mood:
India

URGENT - CoS verification error - Tier 2 Change of Employment

Post by mental4vray » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi,

I was assigned a CoS number today and I am about to fill in my application for Tier 2 General change of employment but when I enter the CoS number in the form it gives me the following error message:

"We have not been able to verify this CoS reference number at this time. It may be because it was entered incorrectly, make sure it exactly matches your Certificate of Sponsorship.

You may continue with your application but it is likely to be refused if you do not provide a valid CoS reference number."

I know the CoS number is assigned to me and I am entering it correctly as I have the pdf with me. I know a few others have also had this problem. Any idea how can I fix this.

Your help will me appreciated.

Thanks!

mmbutterfly
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: URGENT - CoS verification error - Tier 2 Change of Employment

Post by mmbutterfly » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi mental4vray! I was wondering how you resolved this issue? I had the same thing happen with my T2 visa application today, and I also have the PDF from my company so I know my CoS is right. Did you just submit your application anyway, or did you get in touch with someone?

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:10 pm

I would advice you both to give a try tomorrow - just in case

advice13
Newly Registered

Post by advice13 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:56 pm

I am having the same issue. However, I read in another thread that submitting the pdf and screenshot of the assigned status should be more than enough.
I have also sent a mail now ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as suggested in that thread.
So let's see!

mmbutterfly
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mmbutterfly » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm

advice13 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:56 pm
I am having the same issue. However, I read in another thread that submitting the pdf and screenshot of the assigned status should be more than enough.
I have also sent a mail now ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as suggested in that thread.
So let's see!

I wonder if the Home Office is having technical difficulties! I ended up printing my CoS pdf file out and submitting it with the rest of my mailed documents, so hopefully that takes care of it. I might email the support address if it seems like there's a problem.

advice13
Newly Registered

Post by advice13 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:22 am

Yeah, I applied as well. Will carry the doc with me for the visa appointment. Good luck!

advice13
Newly Registered

Post by advice13 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Update: Home office replied - "Please note that although you have received this warning message, you should be able to continue with the completion of the form if you have the correct COS number. You can continue with your application and complete."

mmbutterfly
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mmbutterfly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:02 pm

advice13 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:42 pm
Update: Home office replied - "Please note that although you have received this warning message, you should be able to continue with the completion of the form if you have the correct COS number. You can continue with your application and complete."
That's great news! Thanks for posting the update!

nrn
Newly Registered

Post by nrn » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:07 pm

mmbutterfly wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:02 pm
advice13 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:42 pm
That's great news! Thanks for posting the update!
Guys I also got the same error. Can we please get the update? Did u had any problem because of this error?