ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, Administrator

askaamir
Newly Registered

Multiple marriage

Post by askaamir » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:56 pm

I am a non eu national and Got married to Europe national in Jan 2012. I got married outside UK which allow polygomy in March 2012, I am divorced with European national in 2015. I have indefinite leave is it possible to bring my non eu wife in uk .

Any expert plz

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Multiple marriage

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:01 pm

Not as your wife as the marriage won't be recognised under British law.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

askaamir
Newly Registered

Post by askaamir » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:07 pm

do I need to get married again. Because I have only 1 wife who is living outside UK.

Whats the solution

askaamir
Newly Registered

Post by askaamir » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:34 am

Can anyone help me please

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:41 am

If you have never declared your previous marriage then you can re-marry with her but more likely by divorcing her as we never heard to remarry someone when already married in that country. But on the other hand if you ever caught by HO that you never given that information then maybe your present settlement derived through EU partner might be canceled too due to already be married.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:08 am

If your marriage is legal in the country where it took place, you can't remarry there without first divorcing. Most in this situation apply for a fiance visa to marry in the UK and then submit a FLR(M) application. This is assuming you meet all the requirements, including the minimum income level of £18.600 p.a.

Your first marriage to an EEA National may now come under Home Office scrutiny as to whether this was entered into purely to obtain legal residence in the UK. :idea:

Edit: How you do hold ILR when in your other thread you say you will qualify for 10 years LR in 2021 :?:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/eea-retained ... l#p1462595
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 am

Casa wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:08 am
If your marriage is legal in the country where it took place, you can't remarry there without first divorcing. Most in this situation apply for a fiance visa to marry in the UK and then submit a FLR(M) application. This is assuming you meet all the requirements, including the minimum income level of £18.600 p.a.

Your first marriage to an EEA National may now come under Home Office scrutiny as to whether this was entered into purely to obtain legal residence in the UK. :idea:

Edit: How you do hold ILR when in your other thread you say you will qualify for 10 years LR in 2021 :?:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/eea-retained ... l#p1462595
Think OP was referring to the expiry of RoR residence card and PR under EEA route
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

askaamir
Newly Registered

Post by askaamir » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:36 pm

I got ilr last year...so i have only one wife who is in pakistan ..

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Funny how so many of these EEA/non-EEA marriages only last three years, coincidently just enough for RoR.

Just sayin' like....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:11 pm

askaamir wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:36 pm
I got ilr last year...so i have only one wife who is in pakistan ..
The issue is that she won't be recognised as your wife under British law and therefore also neither for Immigration purposes.
(Casa, not CR001)

askaamir
Newly Registered

Post by askaamir » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:19 am

Wanderer wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:52 pm
Funny how so many of these EEA/non-EEA marriages only last three years, coincidently just enough for RoR.

Just sayin' like....
I have 2 kids co incidently..
Faced stress and trauma to fight and see the kids..

Just sayin like..

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:58 pm

askaamir wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:19 am
Wanderer wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Just sayin' like....
I have 2 kids co incidently..
Faced stress and trauma to fight and see the kids..

Just sayin like..
Suppose I deserved that one, thwackkkk!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:55 pm

You should also keep in mind that your present settlement status (PR) can be cancelled too if HO knows that you were married at abroad too. We know that a lot of countries especially in Arab and south Asia there is a custom of having more than one wives but in UK strictly one wife in one time.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

haqiqi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haqiqi » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:55 pm

i am in same kind of situation looked a lot to find out the right solution
can you privatly message me we can discuess more that might help
email address removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:02 pm

haqiqi wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:55 pm
i am in same kind of situation looked a lot to find out the right solution
can you privatly message me we can discuess more that might help
email address removed by moderator
Kindly read the forum rules, as you were required to do when signing up to the forum. Members are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information. We have many scammers and spammers who visit the forum daily looking for such information.

Neither you or user 'askaamir' have access to the PM privilege.

Post in public so that all can benefit and any incorrect advice can be corrected.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haqiqi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haqiqi » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:22 pm

thanks for that i am very new to this fourm only registered today