ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Haven't seen wife for 1 year and 4 months. Will this impact on her spouse visa application to UK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dhoombro
Newly Registered
Mood:

Haven't seen wife for 1 year and 4 months. Will this impact on her spouse visa application to UK?

Post by dhoombro » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Hi,

I'm a British Citizen about to sponsor for my wife's spouse visa application to the UK in 6 months. (She's from Bangladesh).

We got married on 06th September 2016. I have returned to the UK from Bangladesh on 21st September 2016 and been contacting her ever since, daily for which I have call logs and other proofs.

It's now 14th January 2018 which is more than a year and 4 months and I wish to apply on July 2018. I will see her again on 18th March 2018 for around 2 weeks (can't take any longer than that due to work).

The reason why I haven't seen her for more than a year since September 2016 was because I have been applying and looking for a job where I can receive enough income to meet the minimum financial requirement. Hence the large gap.

I have finally got a job now since the beginning of this January 2018 actually that's why i have to wait 6 months to be able to apply.

I have come across some posts that some people were refused visa because their sponsors did not visit their spouse for more than a year so the ECOs believe that the relationship is not genuine even after submitting proofs of regular contact and chats.

I'm worried if this same situation will happen to me. Please let me know soon whether this will impact on the decision of the ECO for my wife's spouse visa application to the UK. Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Haven't seen wife for 1 year and 4 months. Will this impact on her spouse visa application to UK?

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:16 pm

Yes that factor of not physically visiting your wife can weakens the evidence of subsisting relationship.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

dhoombro
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Haven't seen wife for 1 year and 4 months. Will this impact on her spouse visa application to UK?

Post by dhoombro » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:31 pm

Ahhh. So this means ECO can refuse the visa on that basis right? What if I say that I've been looking for a job of at least £18,600 per year all this time? (which is the truth).

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:43 pm

dhoombro wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:31 pm
Ahhh. So this means ECO can refuse the visa on that basis right? What if I say that I've been looking for a job of at least £18,600 per year all this time? (which is the truth).
No it's not convincing reason because still you can travel.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

dhoombro
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by dhoombro » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:55 pm

Wouldn't it be convincing enough that I have a genuine subsisting relationship if I show them call logs, chats, money transfer, video call with timestamp, etc.

Plus, I will see her again during March 2018 where we will take lots more pictures of us together compared to September 2016 which shows evidence of a subsisting relationship. Isn't that going to convince the ECO that our relationship is genuine?

Now I'm stressing because if the visa is refused because of this reason then what alternative I can use?

sam550

Post by sam550 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:02 am

Instead of focusing on anything negative stay optimist, you haven't even applied for a visa yet and started thinking about Plan B.

It's not good in the eye of ECO that you haven't visited her since you got married but come on brother if it's genuine than be confident just play your cards right.

dhoombro
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by dhoombro » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 am

You're right. As long as I see physically her during March 2018 plus keeping record of call logs since marriage to present, that's some proof that my relationship with her is genuine and subsisting for which hopefully will be the case in the eyes of the ECO.

wentots

Post by wentots » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:17 am

Can’t you send them your wedding photos? Wedding Invitations?

I was in the same situation as you are now 2 months ago and my wife spouse visa got approved just before christmas and it took only 60 days.

dhoombro
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by dhoombro » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:25 am

Really? How long apart were you away from each other since marriage?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:23 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dhoombro
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by dhoombro » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:52 am

wentots wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:17 am
Can’t you send them your wedding photos? Wedding Invitations?

I was in the same situation as you are now 2 months ago and my wife spouse visa got approved just before christmas and it took only 60 days.

Sorry. How long apart were you and your spouse? And any advice?

dhoombro
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by dhoombro » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:55 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:23 am
See also subsisting marriage.
Thanks. But I've already mentioned above of my proofs of subsisting marriage such as call logs, wedding photos, money transfer, chats, etc. My point is that I've come across some posts that people were still refused because they haven't visited their spouse for at least a year which is my case. Will this be an issue during Spouse application even though I've got all the proofs?

mysterylady11

Post by mysterylady11 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:53 am

Hi, I haven’t seen my husband for a year would that affect my application ? Would you recommend to go and see him before applying ?

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:04 pm

yes. you should see him before applying.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Depends how your other documents are looking, such as call logs etc. Find anything lacking on your support docs and concentrate on improving that, but yeah visit would add weight if feasible.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease