ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 EXT- EXCEPTIONALLY COMPLEX ISSUES

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GAMBUN
Newly Registered
Guinea Bissau

TIER 1 EXT- EXCEPTIONALLY COMPLEX ISSUES

Post by GAMBUN » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:41 pm

HI ALL

I applied for Tier 1 extension and below is my time line with the email i received today from the UKVI.

Application submitted: 14th December 2017
Biometric done : 21st December, 2017
Payment Dedeucted : 5th Jan 2018

Email Received today 16th Janaury 2018 an it read as below.

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in UK.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

this is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider case thoroughly and reach a decision.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

above was the email. My questions are as follows
1. Those this letter mean i might be call for interview or they might need to verify few documentations regarding the business as my business operate in uk with branch offices in two countries outside the UK TOO?

2. As i got my first Visa on the 11 october 2007, but entered in UK 1st february 2008, which means i have been in uk lawfully for 10 years without a break on visa, Can i vary my application to ILR and cancel the T1 extension even though they talk about complex issues?

3. Finally If i switch my application from T1 Ent extension, to ILR do i have to make full payment again and do i need to add fresh documents to my application like Bank Statement.

your advice will be highly appreciated. thanks

marcnath

Re: TIER 1 EXT- EXCEPTIONALLY COMPLEX ISSUES

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:54 pm

1. No, you can't assume anything. It could just be a generic letter sent when they can't meet their own service standards. Or it could really be additional checks.
2. You can vary your application when to ILR(LR). The complex letter has nothing to do with your ability to vary. HO still has the right to examine your T1E documentation to ensure you have remained compliant to the visa rules
3. Yes, you will have to pay the fees again. However, you can get a refund of the original fees paid. You have to of course provide all the documents needed for the ILR (LR)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

GAMBUN
Newly Registered
Guinea Bissau

Post by GAMBUN » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Thanks @Marcnath for the respond. I will then work on my ILR (LR) now. I am now cleared with the informations. thanks

Momi

Post by Momi » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:56 pm

Apply for ILR. You are eligible since last 10 days. 😬

GAMBUN
Newly Registered
Guinea Bissau

Post by GAMBUN » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:45 pm

thanks for all your advices.

As am to vary my application by sending a new form to the UKVI, How do i book for premium service as my documents are already with the UKVI?

Secondly do I have to pay IHS again?

thanks to all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:11 pm

There is no IHS payable for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.