ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 ONLINE FORM AND DOCUMENTS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

renkia
Newly Registered

MN1 ONLINE FORM AND DOCUMENTS

Post by renkia » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Hello,

I am an EEA NATIONAL who received my permanent residency in Oct 2016. I would now like to register my kids age 4 and 2 years old. I am having a look at the online form and do not understand whether the applicant should be my details or my 4 yr old childs name. Also if someone could please guide me through this process.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 ONLINE FORM AND DOCUMENTS

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:47 pm

The applicants are the children, not you. Each child applies on their own form.

You cannot apply through NCS at the council using the joint citizenship and passport application scheme if you use the online form. Applying online you also cannot keep hold of your original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:45 pm

renkia wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:36 pm
Hello,

I am an EEA NATIONAL who received my permanent residency in Oct 2016. I would now like to register my kids age 4 and 2 years old. I am having a look at the online form and do not understand whether the applicant should be my details or my 4 yr old childs name. Also if someone could please guide me through this process.

Many Thanks
The paper form seems easier to fill in. In addition the online form requests more documents to be submitted than the paper form. You also have to ask the referees for their details in advance if you use the online form.

Then, with the paper form you may or may not use the NCS. I haven't because find the appointment system inconvenient and a little pricey for what they actually do. Yes, they will photocopy and return your documents, but as an EU national I didn't have any issues with submitting the passport because I could still use my ID card for travel within Europe.

renkia
Newly Registered

Post by renkia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:32 am

Thank you so much. I am thinking of going with the paper form through NCS. Section 3 do I just need to fill in the EEA bit as I am a European national. Also for references my GP and the school have refused? who else can sign as a referee.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:44 am

Only question 3.13 onwards in section 3 is relevant to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

renkia
Newly Registered

Post by renkia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:01 pm

Thanks a ton. There are few people who have told me that it is necessary for parents to apply along with the kids or have to have a british passport. I am not sure if that is true as I have not seen anything as such on the guidance. Myself and my husband are on permanent residency,will be applying to register as British Citizens later

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:09 pm

renkia wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:01 pm
Thanks a ton. There are few people who have told me that it is necessary for parents to apply along with the kids or have to have a british passport. I am not sure if that is true as I have not seen anything as such on the guidance. Myself and my husband are on permanent residency,will be applying to register as British Citizens later
Only a requirement if the children are born abroad. Presumably your children were born in the UK, then you holding PR is sufficient to register them as they have an entitlement to register as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

renkia
Newly Registered

Post by renkia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:11 pm

Fab. Yes our kids are born in the UK. Thank you for all the advice.. Just unsure about the references now.

renkia
Newly Registered

Dependant Question

Post by renkia » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:35 pm

I am applying for naturalisation and also registering my kids as british citizens (MN1) however my husband is not applying for naturalisation,

So in the question Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?

Should i answer yes or no

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Dependant Question

Post by bruteforce » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:15 pm

You should answer NO as your husband will be applying in his own right.

renkia
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant Question

Post by renkia » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:59 pm

Thank you

renkia
Newly Registered

Post by renkia » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:10 pm

I am looking for advice.I am filling up my daughter and sons form who are 4 and 2 years old.

It asks if the kids has lived at the address for 5 years which is a no as they are stil not 5 years in age..if I select no it asks for previous addresses(which we do not have) and if I type yes...will it be that I am giving false information..
I called the ukvi and were unhelpful,just said if you are having difficulties filling the online form pls do the paper form..

Pls advice

Thank you

vonkarman
Newly Registered
France

Post by vonkarman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:44 am
Only question 3.13 onwards in section 3 is relevant to you.
Are you 100% sure about that? Quoting the MN1 guide (page 20) :
SECTION 3: PARENTS’ RESIDENCE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM OR
THE BRITISH OVERSEAS TERRITORIES
If the application is for a child born abroad, to parents who are British citizens by
descent under section 3(2) or 3(5) you must complete this section, otherwise go
straight to Section 4: Good Character.