ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 application - not sure if I am "employed" or "self-sufficient"

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eea2_before_too_late
Newly Registered
Austria

EEA2 application - not sure if I am "employed" or "self-sufficient"

Post by eea2_before_too_late » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi,
I succesfully applied for the EEA FP and I am currently living in the UK with my non-EEA wife. Now I have to proceed and complete the EEA2.

First of all, I do not intend to live in the UK, but want to do the EEA2 so I can access and exit the country with ease.

Here comes the issue: I am not sure if I am employed or self-sufficient (from the Home Offices perspective):

SPONSOR
- I work for a company in the EU (Germany)
- My company sends me to work in the UK for 10-12 months
- My company registers me, and pays taxes in UK and Germany at the same time
- My company pays for accommodation in the UK, this means the bills of the apartment are not at my name but at my company's name
- I do not know my National Insurance Number, although I could ask my company since they probably know it when they registered me to work here
- I have a EHIC card and if I were sick I would get the costs reimbursed to their cost if I were to have the treatment in Germany

(I must also add, I work for the UK government and they are fully aware that I am not employed in the UK, in case some of you wants to comment that I am doing something illegal - there is a treaty to regulate this).

Option 1 I am not sure if I can do the EEA2 for my wife with the "sponsor is currently working" way, since there is no way I can complete Section 12A or 12B. My employer is not in the UK, nor I have a salary in GBP, so I would need to amend the sections to fit my current situation. This is likely to cause some concern to the Home Office person that reviews this.

Option 2 If I go the "sponsor is self-sufficcient" way I can prove that I am getting paid, bank statements, the contract, the bills of my apartment in the UK to my companys name. My company will probably make a support letter if I kindly request it.

I also do not understand this:
If your sponsor has private medical insurance, enclose a schedule or other document from the
insurance provider outlining the level of cover – this must cover you, your sponsor (and any
family members in the UK, if applicable) for the majority of risks while in the UK
I have no private medical insurance, and I am not sure if I need to create one to cover me and my wife in order to do the self-sufficient EEA2. Will the EHIC be enough? Does the EHIC need to cover my wife and me as a sponsor? My wife has her EHIC as well but I think it will be invalid soon since she stopped working in Germany to come to the UK.

Thanks a lot for your help.

BTW: One tip to all of the people with a EEA Family Permit: do NOT que in the non-EU passport part in the airport. I waited 1h 30 minutes to enter the UK at the border and the Home Office agent told me I could have gone through the EU-pass queue (!!).

eea2_before_too_late
Newly Registered
Austria

Re: EEA2 application - not sure if I am "employed" or "self-sufficient"

Post by eea2_before_too_late » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:57 am

Well this seems complicated to solve.