ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language test for spouse family vias

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Phoebian
inactive
Mood:

English language test for spouse family vias

Post by Phoebian » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi,

According to the gov website: "If you want to settle permanently in the UK within 5 years
If you took the CEFR A1 when you first applied for your visa, you’ll need to take a CEFR A2 test when you apply to stay after 2.5 years.".

Does anyone know if you are able to take only the A2 test straight away?
If possible we would just like to make this as easy as possible by not having to book a second test 2.5 years down the road.

I did read a horrible story on the BBC website from a couple who took a more advanced exam (but I think the exam was one for a student visa which wasn't recognised for the family visa), which kind of put me off.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English language test for spouse family vias

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Yes you can, as long as it is an HO approved SELT IELTS test (not academic).

You will however need to keep an eye on things as HO can and do change requirements as they see fit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:50 pm

There is nothing stopping you from taking a A2 test or even a B1 test (for ILR/BC further down the road) but requirements can change and you need to be aware of them before applying. The HO can change acceptable providers and tests so keep an eye out before you apply.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Phoebian
inactive
Mood:

Post by Phoebian » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks guys!

hussaincute
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hussaincute » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:31 pm

Is IELTS for UKVI (academic) acceptable for entry clearance spouse settlement visa?