ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits : affecting Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Musshi
Newly Registered
Singapore

Benefits : affecting Citizenship

Post by Musshi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:40 pm

Hello, my is holding ILR for 7 years and she want to apply for the naturalisation. We called the council and made an appointment. They ask to bring any letters for claiming benefits. My wife is not working and I'm British. We claiming working tax credit, housing benefit and child benefit and NHS priscription benefit. Does these affect my wife's naturalisation application. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Benefits : affecting Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Does these affect my wife's naturalisation application.
No. If she holds ILR and you are British, you are allowed to claim.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Musshi
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Musshi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:27 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. My wife holding the ILR from 2010 and the council check and service asked her to bring any letters regarding benefits claiming on April/May 2014. I'm bit concerned about this and called for a immigration advisory service and they said benefits will affects the application because she is depending on benefits. They asked me to book an appointment with them for advice and it will cost money. Does this true? Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:31 pm

I'm bit concerned about this and called for a immigration advisory service and they said benefits will affects the application because she is depending on benefits.
Nonsense. If she holds Indefinite Leave to Remain (and NOT a spouse visa - limited leave to remain), she can claim benefits as she is no longer under immigration control.
They asked me to book an appointment with them for advice and it will cost money. Does this true?

They are talking rubbish.

The council might be asking for the letters to prove residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Musshi
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Musshi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:44 pm

Thank you very much for your help.