ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Return of documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sakhtar
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Return of documents

Post by sakhtar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Does it matter if I've applied priority and I've not had the original documents returned yet? This is for a spouse initial Visa.

I can see reading this forum that people tend to have their documents returned pretty quickly.

My husband had his biometrics on 29/12/17 in Mirpur and docs were sent to Sheffield and I received confirmation that they had received them on 16/01/17. (I rang the £1.37 a min line as had an issue with the delivery of my documents via Parcelforce and I just wanted to make sure).

Haven't heard anything since. Is it worth me ringing up again for an update?

Thanks in advance!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa - Return of documents

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:32 pm

If they have received them then just wait. I seen people who have received docs after a decision has been made! Inshaallah you get docs back soon. If you are really worried you can call them.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Jav123
Newly Registered

Post by Jav123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:03 am

Don't worry Sakhtar my spouse has same story biometrics done on 18/12 haven't heard from home office yet nor received any email regarding documents even we paid priority.
I will update you as soon as I got any news.

sakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by sakhtar » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:47 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:32 pm
If they have received them then just wait. I seen people who have received docs after a decision has been made! Inshaallah you get docs back soon. If you are really worried you can call them.
Thank you! I think I'll wait a few more days and see what happens. I'm not too bothered about the documents, I want them back eventually of course but I didn't know if it meant something in regards to the status of application etc

sakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by sakhtar » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:48 am

Jav123 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:03 am
Don't worry Sakhtar my spouse has same story biometrics done on 18/12 haven't heard from home office yet nor received any email regarding documents even we paid priority.
I will update you as soon as I got any news.
This wait is horrible! I hope you hear something soon. Good luck, and yes please update me!

whatislife786

Post by whatislife786 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:18 pm

We got our documents back within 3 days of bio.
You need to chase them send them email or giva them a call.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:51 am

What address did you guys send the support docs to?

I am trying to work out if certain Sheffield address seem to send back docs quicker

whatislife786

Post by whatislife786 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:09 pm

The address i used:

UK Visas and Immigration International
Po Box 5852
SHEFFIELD
S11 0FX

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:17 pm

There is also a Vulcan house address that some people from Pakistan send to, wonder if anyone has sent there

sakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by sakhtar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:19 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:17 pm
There is also a Vulcan house address that some people from Pakistan send to, wonder if anyone has sent there
So this is an issue I had too. I was planning to send via Royal Mail to the PO Box 5852 address and that's what my envelope had on it. Took it to the post office, they said it was too heavy to send via Royal Mail so I'd have to use Parcelforce. Didn't think much of it, I paid, took my receipt and left.
A few days later I decided to track it and see if they'd received it but it seems they didn't manage to deliver in 48 hours. So I rang them and they said we don't deliver to PO boxes and the lady who took my money should have told me. They redelivered it to Vulcan House, I rang UKVI using the £1.37 a min line and they emailed me back 2 days later saying they had received my documents.

I was stresssssssing so much it's unreal but I know they have it now and that's the main thing I suppose!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:39 pm

I know so many addresses!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:40 pm

How did HO confirm they received it, did they write "we now have your support documents". ?

The trend I am seeing is that if sent to Vulcan house they return docs back after a decision is made whereas PO box they return quick. Wonder if in Vulcan house they dont even bother photocopying. Only Allah knows and I hope whoever sent to Vulcan house the ECO sees them, Ameen.

sakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by sakhtar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:08 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:40 pm
How did HO confirm they received it, did they write "we now have your support documents". ?

The trend I am seeing is that if sent to Vulcan house they return docs back after a decision is made whereas PO box they return quick. Wonder if in Vulcan house they dont even bother photocopying. Only Allah knows and I hope whoever sent to Vulcan house the ECO sees them, Ameen.
Yes, so when I realised the documents had not been delivered on time, I rang Parcelforce and they said we are redirecting to Vulcan House the same afternoon. I said that's fine and they delivered it there. Then the same day I called the info line and they escalated it, responded 2 working days later with..

Thank you for your enquiry

We confirm that we have received your documents on 16/01/2018.

We are continuing to work on your application and will contact you as soon as we have an update.

Kind Regards

UKVI Contact Centre Service – UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

And the same day I received the email saying my application is being assessed by an ECO. Just hoping they hurry up really! That's an interesting observation, makes sense really!

Allah (swt) knows best!! What's your timeline?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:15 pm

Wow, priority is really working! The application in question was sent off last week, royalmail confirmed delivery was signed for at Vulcan house. Then email next day saying "Online application has been reached at UK Processing centre and being prepared for the ECO", did you get similar words..... Coz it says online application specifically not sure if it means support docs, as online application was submitted few weeks ago.

sakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by sakhtar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:35 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:15 pm
Wow, priority is really working! The application in question was sent off last week, royalmail confirmed delivery was signed for at Vulcan house. Then email next day saying "Online application has been reached at UK Processing centre and being prepared for the ECO", did you get similar words..... Coz it says online application specifically not sure if it means support docs, as online application was submitted few weeks ago.
'Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.'

That's exactly what they sent me on the same day they responded to my query about recieving the documents. So it'll be fine insha'Allah.

They wouldn't assess the application without the support docs so I can't imagine it would mean anything else.

Today is the 27th working day since biometrics and I emailed them yesterday for an update and they responded with..

'With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.

Please note, the priority service does not guarantee that you will receive a decision within certain number of days. It only means that your application would be put in front of the queue. We aim to complete priority applications as soon as possible however it may get delayed due to several factors.'

They then said that you can escalate after 30 working days which is Monday 12th Feb. I think I will email again on Monday. I'm probably being so impatient but this wait is an absolute killer

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Thanks for the detailed response. Your spot on about wont consider without support doc makes sense.

Regarding the application, a email was sent to UKVI asking for them to check if they received the support docs which werent sent to PO BOX but to Vulcan House, and to confirm if its in progress. They replied back with 1 email asking for details of GWF etc, then later said escalated to department and response will be 15 working days.

From your latest email it looks like your application is still waiting for an ECO to look at it. InshaAllah not long now, will defo make dua for you.

Shaz78
Newly Registered

Post by Shaz78 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi, I posted my supporting documents to po box address by Royal Mail special delivery and it's been a week Royal Mail tracking page still not able to confirm the delivered status. It's showing system error that the status of the reference number is not available and check again later , it's been almost 7 days and I am really worried. Spoke to Royal Mail and they are not very helpful and saying on po box address they can't show delivered status and signature. They said check with UKVI and ask them if they have received. Could some one guide me through please which number I have to contact or email .
I posted my documents to
UKVI international
Po box 5852
Sheffield
S11 ofx

Thank

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:27 pm

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... uk/english

They probably ended up delivering to Vulcan house too! Strange because RoyalMail usually confirm delivery to PO BOX. InshaAllah you will get your answer - you can contact them from above link

Shaz78
Newly Registered

Post by Shaz78 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi , I rang to outside application number that charges £1.35 per minute but person over phone said to me they don't have any system to check whether they have received supporting documents. He said it's a different department who receives documents and they don't have access to it . They are able to see only the status of the application. They said only Royal Mail can provide the delivery status of the documents. I am bit more worried now , as I thought UKVI would confirm but they couldn't. Could someone guide me any other way to confirm this
Thank you

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Send a email / call them again and ask them to forward your request to the department who receives the documents. They will forward the email to Sheffield. Have you received any emails at all, how about after you submitted application online and then bio-metrics time?

Shaz78
Newly Registered

Post by Shaz78 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:45 am

Hi,
Online application submit on 21/1/18
Biometric on 23/1
Sent documents to Sheffield. 1/2/18
I haven't received any email yet .
Thanks

Shaz78
Newly Registered

Post by Shaz78 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:11 am

Hi again,
Today I got the response of email that I sent to vac for the confirmation of support documents. They have replied the same in email as they said over the phone that they don't have access to check whether documents have been received by UKVI in Sheffield though I requested them to forward my email to the department who receives the documents in Sheffield. They keep telling me to track application by courier company . I told them if I was able to trace then would have not asked them for help but no luck so far.
Could some one please let me know the email address if they got any response from Sheffield for documents confirmation , so I can send my request over there. My worry is getting too much now please help.
Regards

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:24 pm

Email back and ask them to escalate to the department in Sheffield for an answer. You can also write to the address asking if they received. Only issue with giving their direct email address is that it's a non-reply email and they will not reply back to you which is explicitly stated in their email correspondence.

Have you had any emails from Sheffield at all after you done biometrics?

Shaz78
Newly Registered

Post by Shaz78 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi Londoner007 ,
Thank you for reply. I have replied them back and ask them to escalate.
No I haven't received any correspondence yet, nor letter not email. Applied almost 20 days ago.
Thanks

life4change

Post by life4change » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi
I applied for my wife on 28 Jan her biometric done on 30 th January 2018. I submitted document to Sheffield on 5th feb they received on 6th feb 2018. We received acknowledgement email on 9 th February 2018 that case is given to eco for preparation , kind of standard email.

Let's hope how long it take. It's priority service
Thanks