ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewed indian passport while visa application is in progress

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cowboy
Newly Registered

Renewed indian passport while visa application is in progress

Post by cowboy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:01 pm

Hello gurus,

Please give me some suggestions, here is my situation. My current passport is expiring 3rd week of Feb 2018. I have applied for visa extension(tier1 ent) in April 2017 and varied my application to tier2 15th Jan 2018 (got job offer) and today i got my visa and passport. but i have applied to renew my passport in VFS office on 22nd of Jan 2018 with evidence of Home office biometric letter(as they hold my passport), there i have been told they will issue the passport under lost/stolen (i wasnt sure when will i get visa and passport so applied for new passport). I am still waiting for new passport. Now my question is can i keep old passport? can i carry it while travelling and applying for visas? please suggest me what should i do if i want to keep it.

Regards

cowboy
Newly Registered

Re: Renewed indian passport while visa application is in progress

Post by cowboy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Hello gurus,

Can you please give me suggestions for my above post. Thank you

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:25 pm

cowboy wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:01 pm
Now my question is can i keep old passport? can i carry it while travelling and applying for visas? please suggest me what should i do if i want to keep it.

Regards
not question of CAN but You should carry old passport. If Indian (assuming you applied in VFS) your new passport will mention Old Passport number in last page and that can be used while entering UK.
Also once you get New passport, update UKVI with new Passport number
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Old Passport will be clipped on the cover plus a cancelled stamp inside. You can carry both new and old passports together for travelling if valid visa is affixed in Old Passport.
In past, I have used both Old and New passports together and no problem whatsoever in immigration, airports.