ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier (Gen) to ILR - SET(O) Form Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RaghuKarnati
India

Tier (Gen) to ILR - SET(O) Form Question

Post by RaghuKarnati » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:53 am

Hi,
My question is from Section 12D which is as follows:
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that
you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

What documents should I submit for the period before Tier 2 (General)?
Is it just photocopies of my Student Visa and PSW Visa?
My immigration History: I have entered UK on a Student Visa and then was on PSW for 2 years prior to Tier 2 (Gen)

lanrezy
Nigeria

Re: Tier (Gen) to ILR - SET(O) Form Question

Post by lanrezy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi,

I was in a similar situation like you.
I made my application last Friday and I included a scanned copy and a black & white copy of my PSW Visa to satisfy that requirement.
Guess what? They returned both copies of PSW to me alongside all my original documents like Payslips,passport etc.
What I deduced from that is that It was not required.

To be on a safer side, just include a copy of PSW. They will just return it if they do not want it.

Best of luck

RaghuKarnati
India

Post by RaghuKarnati » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:06 pm

Thank you Ianrezy :)

RaghuKarnati
India

Re: Tier2 (Gen) to ILR - SET(O) Form Question

Post by RaghuKarnati » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi All,
I got my ILR approved yesterday at Croydon Premium Service Centre. I submitted photocopies of all my visas prior to Tier 2(General) as well as all Tier 2 (Gen) visas. No questions or no additional documents asked specific to this question.

Hopefully this will help for whoever got stuck on this question like me.

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi Raghu,

So, did you tick the box against this question?

I am in exactly same position as you were: Student + PSW + Tier 2 gen. My appointment is day after tomorrow, and still confused due to different arguments in this forum.
I have ticked this box and have included photocopies of previous visa.

Thanks

RaghuKarnati
India

Post by RaghuKarnati » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:38 pm

Sorry, it's too late to reply to your question as you might have had your visa appointment by now. Anyways for users scratching their head and landed on to this post, yes I ticked this CheckBox and submitted photocopies of all my previous Visas.

meghan
Newly Registered

Post by meghan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:45 pm

Thanks alot. I was also trying to understand what documents they require for this specific question.

Do we have to provide the previous tier 2 visa copies? It doesn't say anywhere in the form of required documents. Did you provide them to fulfil this question? What was your experience?

Surely they should have documentation of all our previous visa applications/grants of leave?

RaghuKarnati
India

Post by RaghuKarnati » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:54 pm

Just for the sake of the Question(and as I answered with a tick in it), I submitted photocopies of my immigration history for my Confidence on the day.

Yes, I know, UKVI will have all our history thus they should have not asked such question. In this forum, I have seen posts about people who had submitted and people who haven't. It is just up to you.

meghan
Newly Registered

Post by meghan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Thanks for your reply.

My "just in case they ask" pile is getting bigger every day. :D

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Tue May 22, 2018 10:39 am

RaghuKarnati wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:38 pm
Sorry, it's too late to reply to your question as you might have had your visa appointment by now. Anyways for users scratching their head and landed on to this post, yes I ticked this CheckBox and submitted photocopies of all my previous Visas.
No problem at all. I just followed what you did anyways. Received my ILR without much hassle.