ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Refused... Should I Go For ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Editor
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Refused... Should I Go For ILR

Post by Editor » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:42 pm

Greetings everyone.
Please I need advice.
My case:
• July 2007: I arrived UK with a Student Visa. Later on, I obtained a MSc degree from a UK university.
• 2009: My spouse entered the UK
• 2010: Tier 4 (General) Student Migrant application was declined; same year 2010, the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum) allowed my appeal and allowed the appeal of my wife.
2011: My spouse and I were granted Leave to Remain on TIER 1 POST STUDY
• 2014: Granted Leave to Remain under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) of the Points Based System was granted. And my spouse was granted leave to remain as dependant. Both leave ended on 9th May 2017
• December 2017: Application for T1 Entrepreneur Visa EXTENSION was REFUSED. Reason for Refusal: The company’s wage payslip for settled workers’ not submitted.
• December 2017: Administrative Review sought. All the wage payslips now submitted.
• 30 January 2018: Administrative Review rejected. Reason: I did not include settled workers’ wage payslips in the Extension application.
Question:
From 2007 to date, I have not spent more that 4 weeks during any travel outside the UK, and I had travel out only twice.
Can I apply for ILR on the Basis of Long Residence? If not, what is the best option, please.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Refused... Should I Go For ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:43 pm

It seems you are eligible. Apply for SET(LR) before 14 Feb
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:02 am

why you didnt varied to set LR in july 2017 when u completed ur 10yrs??>
Editor wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:42 pm
Greetings everyone.
Please I need advice.
My case:
• July 2007: I arrived UK with a Student Visa. Later on, I obtained a MSc degree from a UK university.
• 2009: My spouse entered the UK
• 2010: Tier 4 (General) Student Migrant application was declined; same year 2010, the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum) allowed my appeal and allowed the appeal of my wife.
2011: My spouse and I were granted Leave to Remain on TIER 1 POST STUDY
• 2014: Granted Leave to Remain under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) of the Points Based System was granted. And my spouse was granted leave to remain as dependant. Both leave ended on 9th May 2017
• December 2017: Application for T1 Entrepreneur Visa EXTENSION was REFUSED. Reason for Refusal: The company’s wage payslip for settled workers’ not submitted.
• December 2017: Administrative Review sought. All the wage payslips now submitted.
• 30 January 2018: Administrative Review rejected. Reason: I did not include settled workers’ wage payslips in the Extension application.
Question:
From 2007 to date, I have not spent more that 4 weeks during any travel outside the UK, and I had travel out only twice.
Can I apply for ILR on the Basis of Long Residence? If not, what is the best option, please.

Editor
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Editor » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:17 am

Re: "why you didnt varied to set LR in july 2017 when u completed ur 10yrs??>"

I had consulted immigration experts.
One of them actually told me to vary to set LR in July 2017.
I recall two other experts specifically telling me to allow the Extension application to run its course as the HO might argue that work - time and resources - had be spent in the handling Extension application.