ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL NEW LAWS COMING TO UK IN 2018 (Motorists, Families, Men & Women, Finances and More)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Arsishay
- thin ice -

ALL NEW LAWS COMING TO UK IN 2018 (Motorists, Families, Men & Women, Finances and More)

Post by Arsishay » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:20 pm

Banks will freeze illegal immigrants’ accounts
Part of Theresa May’s pledge to create a ‘hostile environment’ for illegal immigrants in Britain, banks will carry out immigration checks on 70m accounts from January 2018.

The checks will happen four times a year and banks will freeze the assets of illegal immigrants.

The Home Office expects the checks will identify 6,000 failed asylum seekers and visa overstayers.
However, the plans have attracted criticism as it is feared people who have legitimately settled in the UK will be affected.

Moderator edit.

baddy

Re: ALL NEW LAWS COMING TO UK IN 2018 (Motorists, Families, Men & Women, Finances and More)

Post by baddy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:03 pm

ADMINS, WHY ARE WE ALLOWING THIS TYPE OF POSTS? @CASA, SecretSimon, CR001 etc

Casa

Re: ALL NEW LAWS COMING TO UK IN 2018 (Motorists, Families, Men & Women, Finances and More)

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 pm

baddy wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:03 pm
Moderators aren't logged on 24/7 :idea: This thread has now been locked, YouTube link and all non-immigration issues removed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:07 pm

baddy wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:03 pm
As per Casa's response, we do have lives outside of the forum. I for example have spent the last 3 days moving house :?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.