ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 same employer SOC change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

isti273
Newly Registered
India

T2 same employer SOC change

Post by isti273 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:39 pm

Dear members,

I am a Project Manager on 2424 soc code and planning to change to 2134 - IT project Manager with same employer. I understand that
    new application is required to be made
      RLMT must to be carried out (if you show me an exemption,I'll owe you one)
        and no funds maintenance required.

Q1: Please can someone confirm the above points are true.

Q2(most important): What I am trying to understand is, for 2134 when a new COS is assigned will it be a switch from 2424 or will it be a new COS dedicated for 2134. My worry is, for any reason if 2134 (new application) visa gets rejected, will my 2424 (current job) be at risk?

I have my interview on 7th Feb '18, Wed 9am, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks peeps! :D

isti273
        Newly Registered
        India

Re: T2 same employer SOC change

Post by isti273 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:56 pm

Thought it might help if I mention my previous leave to remain was Post Study Work visa. Current tier 2 (2424) expires in May 2019.. 4 years 9 months in total (I know.. very unlucky to have missed 3 months) :shock:

Please help me out guys!

UKLL
        Member of Standing
        Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:49 pm

isti273 wrote:
        Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:39 pm
        Dear members,

I am a Project Manager on 2424 soc code and planning to change to 2134 - IT project Manager with same employer. I understand that
          new application is required to be made
            RLMT must to be carried out (if you show me an exemption,I'll owe you one)
              and no funds maintenance required.

Q1: Please can someone confirm the above points are true.

Q2(most important): What I am trying to understand is, for 2134 when a new COS is assigned will it be a switch from 2424 or will it be a new COS dedicated for 2134. My worry is, for any reason if 2134 (new application) visa gets rejected, will my 2424 (current job) be at risk?

I have my interview on 7th Feb '18, Wed 9am, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks peeps! :D

Q1: Do you have to change the SOC Code, both of them are Project Manager. As long as the main responsibility is the same, you don't have to change?

Q2:
              If you do not hand in your notice / do not resign until your new visa is approved (i.e. your employer has not notified the Home Office any change to your current visa), then your current 2424 will not be at risk.

isti273
              Newly Registered
              India

Post by isti273 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:21 pm

Thank you so much for the reply!

Q1: As per the T2 policy guidance para 222, if the new job falls under a different SOC code new application should be made. Although the core responsibilities remain the same as it was in 2424 (Business PM), IT PM is specified under different SOC code which is the new job. Can I still work on the same Visa?

Q2: I just wanted to stress its the same employer (not different) so can they actually create a new COS with same name and details for a different job? Or will they use my current COS to switch?

PS: I had my interview and it went well! Just these things are concerning me.

Would really appreciate your time on this.

UKLL
              Member of Standing
              Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:03 pm

isti273 wrote:
              Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:21 pm
              Thank you so much for the reply!

Q1: As per the T2 policy guidance para 222, if the new job falls under a different SOC code new application should be made. Although the core responsibilities remain the same as it was in 2424 (Business PM), IT PM is specified under different SOC code which is the new job. Can I still work on the same Visa?

Q2: I just wanted to stress its the same employer (not different) so can they actually create a new COS with same name and details for a different job? Or will they use my current COS to switch?

PS: I had my interview and it went well! Just these things are concerning me.

Would really appreciate your time on this.
              Q1:
              There are two SOC codes that apply to my current job so I guess it doesn't matter ? I am not entirely sure about this tho

Q2:
              You don't have a current CoS, your CoS has been used when you applied for it, so there's nothing for them to "switch".

isti273
              Newly Registered
              India

Post by isti273 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Thank you so much once again. I see your point on Q2 and it seems sensible too. Thanks again!

Q1: Can someone please help me with the requirement on new application based on the SOC codes? Do I have to launch a new application or can keep the same code?

Thank you!