ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport delivery after citizenship ceremony (JCAP)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chi_chi_chi_1
Newly Registered

Passport delivery after citizenship ceremony (JCAP)

Post by chi_chi_chi_1 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:14 am

Hi all,

I had my citizenship ceremony 3 weeks ago and still haven't received the passport. From timeline posts, it seems most people get the passport within 1-2 weeks after the ceremony. If it doesn't arrive within next week, who do I contact?

Also, I forgot to send back my BRP card. Just did it today (late I know!). Wonder if that slows down the passport delivery.

Thank you.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Passport delivery after citizenship ceremony (JCAP)

Post by plabo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:37 am

Contact your council 1st and check if they have forwarded the confirmation to the HO about you attending thr ceremony which will in return inform the passport office.

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:37 am

Hi OP,

I would first of all contact HMPO - you can google their phone number easily. They are actually way more helpful than anyone on the HO phone lines so they should be able to tell you directly why you haven't received it yet.

If they say they haven't received the confirmation from the HO that you have had your citizenship ceremony, then you may want to contact your council first and ask them whether they sent their confirmation to the HO, which in turn passes it to HMPO so that your passport can be printed. If they have done so indeed, then you contact the HO to ask them for an update.

I actually did the same, council responded the same day, HO responded yesterday (about 10 days after my email, at which point I had received my passport).

Good luck.

GabriellaG
Mood:
South Africa

Post by GabriellaG » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:47 am

chi_chi_chi_1 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:14 am
Hi all,

I had my citizenship ceremony 3 weeks ago and still haven't received the passport. From timeline posts, it seems most people get the passport within 1-2 weeks after the ceremony. If it doesn't arrive within next week, who do I contact?

Also, I forgot to send back my BRP card. Just did it today (late I know!). Wonder if that slows down the passport delivery.

Thank you.
Hi,

So I was in the same boat as you and did something very cheeky.
I know HO use DX as their courier service so I decided to call DX (0333 241 5700) and see if there was anything in their pipeline due to be delivered to me.
If you call them they ask for a tracking number, if you say you don't have it then they may tell you to just call back when you do, however you can get around this. Either give them your post code and ask if they can check that way... or if they say they can't try this;

When my BRP got delivered was DX left me a card as missed the delivery but there was no tracking number on. I told them this and they asked me for my PostCode and could see that they had tried to deliver but missed me so rearranged delivery the next day.

So what i did on Monday was call DX and said i think a delivery was attempted for me but i don't have the tracking number - i was really just guessing. I gave them my postcode and true and Bob they said yes we did try deliver today, when can we redeliver?!
No text, no card was left!

So just give DX a call and see what they say. I got my passport yesterday :lol: