ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents requested for BC.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

andrekauffman
Mood:
Brazil

Documents requested for BC.

Post by andrekauffman » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:07 pm

Good afternoon guys. Hope someone can help me.
I applied for BC on 04/10/2017.
Today I got a letter from HO :

I refer to your application for British Citizenship. Before we can proceed further please send all of the following original documents to this office by 17 February 2018.
- Please provide full details of you speeding offence of 16 July 2016 e.g Court/ Fine/ FP etc.

I got a speeding ticket SP50 ( Exceeding speed limit on a motorway M25 ). 59mph at 50mph. Was coming from my sister house in New Ash Green around 2am.
Got the ticket at home postal mail. I paid the fine £100 and got 3 points. No Court etc.
It was over a Year ago and I don't have the ticket offence paper with me any more.

Could you help me what do I do in this situation ?
Just explain what happened or do I have to send any documents ?
When I sent the application, I did send a Licence Summary we print from DVLA on-line showing the points, dates etc.

I appreciate any help.
Thank you

baddy

Re: Documents requested for BC.

Post by baddy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:20 pm

andrekauffman wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:07 pm
Good afternoon guys. Hope someone can help me.
I applied for BC on 04/10/2017.
Today I got a letter from HO :

I refer to your application for British Citizenship. Before we can proceed further please send all of the following original documents to this office by 17 February 2018.
- Please provide full details of you speeding offence of 16 July 2016 e.g Court/ Fine/ FP etc.

I got a speeding ticket SP50 ( Exceeding speed limit on a motorway M25 ). 59mph at 50mph. Was coming from my sister house in New Ash Green around 2am.
Got the ticket at home postal mail. I paid the fine £100 and got 3 points. No Court etc.
It was over a Year ago and I don't have the ticket offence paper with me any more.

Could you help me what do I do in this situation ?
Just explain what happened or do I have to send any documents ?
When I sent the application, I did send a Licence Summary we print from DVLA on-line showing the points, dates etc.

I appreciate any help.
Thank you
Write a letter detailing what you just stated above. Print another copy of your DVLA records and attach it to this letter.If you paid by Card, you can print the payment details from your account statement, then attach it to the letter. 17 February is almost here, I would have suggested you contact the court to get proof of payment.

Most importantly, when you send by post, make sure it is recorded delivery and signed for. You can scan copies and send via email too to them. Once the post is delivered, scan the proof to them via email too.

You will be fine.

andrekauffman
Mood:
Brazil

Re: Documents requested for BC.

Post by andrekauffman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:58 am

Thank you baddy.

Will do it.