ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony council question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skittles
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Ceremony council question

Post by skittles » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:04 am

Hi, now I have actually searched the forum and no answer to my specific question. I made my application via NCS but in the northeast you can only go to Newcastle or Middlesbrough. I made mine via Newcastle but I don’t actually live in Newcastle and at the time Newcastle told me I could have my ceremony in Durham where I live. My ceremony invitation letter is from Newcastle council so my question is does anyone knows if I can move it to my local council? If not then I will just travel to Newcastle

Casa

Re: Ceremony council question

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:12 am

You can request to move venues, but it will take some time. Newcastle Council will return your paperwork to the Home Office who will then forward to your chosen venue. Bear in mind that the HO aren't known for giving a speedy response. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

skittles
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by skittles » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:12 am
You can request to move venues, but it will take some time. Newcastle Council will return your paperwork to the Home Office who will then forward to your chosen venue. Bear in mind that the HO aren't known for giving a speedy response. :idea:
Thanks I will just stick with Newcastle. It’s only a 30 minutes drive.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:38 pm

skittles wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:25 pm
Casa wrote:
Thanks I will just stick with Newcastle. It’s only a 30 minutes drive.
Enjoy the day. :)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

baddy

Post by baddy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:56 pm

skittles wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:04 am
Hi, now I have actually searched the forum and no answer to my specific question. I made my application via NCS but in the northeast you can only go to Newcastle or Middlesbrough. I made mine via Newcastle but I don’t actually live in Newcastle and at the time Newcastle told me I could have my ceremony in Durham where I live. My ceremony invitation letter is from Newcastle council so my question is does anyone knows if I can move it to my local council? If not then I will just travel to Newcastle
For the benefits of people that will be in the same situation ... There is a section on the form where you can specify where you want to have your ceremony. That is what I did in my own case and it worked fine.

skittles
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by skittles » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 am

Casa wrote:
baddy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:56 pm
skittles wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:04 am
For the benefits of people that will be in the same situation ... There is a section on the form where you can specify where you want to have your ceremony. That is what I did in my own case and it worked fine.
I did request to have it at Durham. The man at the council checked and filled that part for me. I think it’s a minor error in the grand scheme. I just prefer our local council as it’s a prettier place 😂

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 am

My husband had the same issue several years ago....so nothing new! The specified venue in the application (same town as the NCS) was ignored. :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)

skittles
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by skittles » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:56 am

Casa wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 am
My husband had the same issue several years ago....so nothing new! The specified venue in the application (same town as the NCS) was ignored. :roll:
Annoying! For my case I had to attend Newcastle as no NCS at Durham but specified Durham for ceremony as my address is in Durham