ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form enquiry registering my daughter who has two other nationalities already

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vee7
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

MN1 form enquiry registering my daughter who has two other nationalities already

Post by Vee7 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi,

I am bit confused with the online application which I have already filled and submitted and paid for today. I am applying for naturalisation myself and I have included my daughters MN1 application in as well. She is already dual nationality both EEA countries and I have recorded on the form both her nationalities but she has only one passport(Italian). She has Czech nationality after me and Italian after her father, however when I printed out the Biometric enrolment today it only states Czech nationality but not Italian, and we have only Italian passport to prove her identity (she is 5 years old) I am worried now because she qualifies to be registered as British citizen through me and she doesn't have Czech passport or ID card, she has British birth certificate and Czech birth certificate-not translated, she is automatically Czech citizen because I am her mother and we only applied for her Italian passport as she is registered at birth with both of our surnames and we could do it from the city we live in rather then trailing to London for 4.5 hours there and back and it would take ages, plus thinking we are in EU it doesn't really matter which of our nationalities passport she has. I was thinking it wouldn't matter but now I start to think differently, although upon checking the submitted form she has both her nationalities stated. Please any feedback would be great. Thank you

baddy

Re: MN1 form enquiry registering my daughter who has two other nationalities already

Post by baddy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:30 am

Vee7 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:52 pm
Hi,

I am bit confused with the online application which I have already filled and submitted and paid for today. I am applying for naturalisation myself and I have included my daughters MN1 application in as well. She is already dual nationality both EEA countries and I have recorded on the form both her nationalities but she has only one passport(Italian). She has Czech nationality after me and Italian after her father, however when I printed out the Biometric enrolment today it only states Czech nationality but not Italian, and we have only Italian passport to prove her identity (she is 5 years old) I am worried now because she qualifies to be registered as British citizen through me and she doesn't have Czech passport or ID card, she has British birth certificate and Czech birth certificate-not translated, she is automatically Czech citizen because I am her mother and we only applied for her Italian passport as she is registered at birth with both of our surnames and we could do it from the city we live in rather then trailing to London for 4.5 hours there and back and it would take ages, plus thinking we are in EU it doesn't really matter which of our nationalities passport she has. I was thinking it wouldn't matter but now I start to think differently, although upon checking the submitted form she has both her nationalities stated. Please any feedback would be great. Thank you
Are you sure your daughter is not already a British citizen? I'll let the experts comment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 form enquiry registering my daughter who has two other nationalities already

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:19 am

What date you automatically attain PR (not PR card date)?

What date was she born?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vee7
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by Vee7 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:30 am

Hi,

I have acquired my PR residence 24/12/2014. I know we are qualifying for to get mine naturalisation and her to be registered as British Citizen the issue I have is that I am a Czech mother but her proof of identity is Italian passport besides the birth certificates (British and Czech) I am not sure if that's going to be confusing to HO. Although our little one has both our surnames. My partner qualify to have his PR backdated but he has no interest of becoming British Citizen (too proud of his nationality lol :D )

Vee7
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by Vee7 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:32 am

She is actually born 23/02/2013 so she will be fully 5 shortly.