ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to Submit with Citizenship Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AN1306
Newly Registered
Ireland

Documents to Submit with Citizenship Application

Post by AN1306 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:51 pm

Looking for info on applying for Irish Citizenship on the basis of being married to an Irish Citizen. We would like to apply for my husband.
However I am struggling a bit with the proofs of residence. We need three for each year he has been living here including: bank statements, household bills, letter from revenue letter from social welfare.
We can give a bank statement and a credit union statement for each year no problem that's easy enough. But I'm struggling with the 3rd one. We don't have any bills in his name or rent mortgage etc. as we are living with family. We wouldn't have any letters from social welfare. He has never visited a doctor. The only letters we would have from Revenue each year might be his tax credit certificate, would this count?

Additionally it also asks for:
"Copies of three different proofs of residence in the island of Ireland for both applicant and spouse/civil partner

for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date and name and current address."

Do these have to be in joint names or can they be separate documents for each of us showing we live at the same address? We have nothing in joint names, we don't even have a joint account. Also again we will struggle here for a 3rd document for 3 months. We can give 3 months bank statements and 3 months credit union statements for my husband. But we have no bills in his name, or anything else that we might have 3 months worth.

Does anyone know if things like Life Insurance might be accepted for the 3 months prior proof of residence, if we got a life insurance policy in his name and gave 3 months of statements for that?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Documents to Submit with Citizenship Application

Post by Mal111 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Documents you can use

You can use household bills for:
•Electricity
•Gas
•Water
•Fixed line telephone
•Fixed line internet
•Fixed line TV

You may also use:
•Documents from the Revenue Commissioners (tax authorities), eg P60, P21
•Bank statements showing daily transactions, eg debit-card transactions in a supermarket
•Documents from Department of Social Protection, eg confirming receipt of payments
•Employment letters or payslips
•Mortgage agreement
•Tenancy/rental agreement
•Letter from the Private Residential Tenancies Board
•Doctor's letter showing date of registration and dates of attendance
•For a dependent young adult (aged 18-23): A letter from your school or college showing your date of registration and attendance

above is quoted from the inis website link below you should read the whole link
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP ... 2#marriage

you don't need joint bank account
proof of relationship is marriage cert
proof of address is only for the applicant also maybe send an email to citz dept to confirm

AN1306
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by AN1306 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:08 pm

If you are applying on the basis of being married to an Irish Citizen it specifically asks for 3 months of proof from both applicants with proof of address in addition to the proof of the previous 3 years. This should be 3 months prior to application.
So for me this would be bank statement, credit union statement, and credit card statement. For him we can use bank and credit union but we also need one additional proof where we can show 3 months.

""Copies of three different proofs of residence in the island of Ireland for both applicant and spouse/civil partner for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date and name and current address." Is what it says on the application form. If they want 3 months then a P60 etc. wont cut it. We don't have any household bills at all because we live with family.

amar007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by amar007 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 am

HI AN1306, I'm also in somewhat similar situation as you. My wife joined me in 2012 and was a dependent on me and she has hard time to get address proofs. INIS is looking for 3 Address proofs from 2012-2017 plus 3 docs for last 3 months with both our name on it.

When we filled the application form in June last year, the section for Spousal Application says the following:

"Evidence of residency permission i.e. your passport(s) showing residency permission stamps for a period of 1 year immediately prior to the application and a further 2 years in the 4 year period before that, equalling 3 years in total, or alternatively proof of residence in the island of Ireland for this period. Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing your name and address and date of issue i.e. mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, etc."

My Wife fulfills the first clause itself "Evidence of residency permission" I don't know why is she still asked for proof of residence.

Do you have any further information on your side or has there been any progress on your application?

Thanks and Regards

Grendels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Grendels » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:05 pm

AN1306 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:51 pm
We need three for each year he has been living here... The only letters we would have from Revenue each year might be his tax credit certificate, would this count?
Yes. In my (successful) application, I used Tax Credit Certificates and even the TV license. It can be the same type of proof for each year (e.g. 3 tax credit certificates for year 1, year 2, year 3) or it can be different types of proof (e.g. 2 mortgage accounts and 1 tax credit certificate, each covering a different year).
AN1306 wrote:
Additionally it also asks for:
"Copies of three different proofs of residence in the island of Ireland for both applicant and spouse/civil partner

for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date and name and current address."

Do these have to be in joint names or can they be separate documents for each of us showing we live at the same address? We have nothing in joint names.
I didn't have joint names for everything, and separate documents was fine.
AN1306 wrote:
Does anyone know if things like Life Insurance might be accepted for the 3 months prior proof of residence, if we got a life insurance policy in his name and gave 3 months of statements for that?
Yes. The list of documents in form 8 is not exhaustive. Note it says "Proofs include mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, etc."