ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help and suggestions are required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hamid84
Member of Standing

Urgent help and suggestions are required

Post by hamid84 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi, Just to cut the whole story, i will try to focus on the main points now.

I have been in UK for 7 years and 3 months and living with family ( Parents, sisters and Bro ). Now the problem is i do not get any benefits as i used to until 2005 when our case was refused and support was lifted up by NASS but later we filed another case under my mum, myself and bro.

Everything was then accepted, we were allowed to stay where we had been living for past 5 years but this time i was not given any benifits etc money.

I have been living with my parents since 2005 who give me money. Now the main issue is that i got married to International Student and she is pregnent.

As i do not have rights to work until case is settled, i am worried about what's going to happen next. She is also living with me and 8 months pregnent. Things are getting worst as i need to support her and baby soon.

I was wondering to know what would be the best way to apply for benefits again?? Should i go to local refugee council or contact NASS?? If contact NASS, should it be done through solicitor or i can write them letter myself?

I suppose if my application is accepted, they will throw me somewhere else and not let me live with family but thats fine as long as i'm not far away from them.

My case is still in HO and i report every month....

Suggestions and advices are urgently welcome :)

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:46 pm

Hamid
What is your immigration status?
Are you allowed to work? If you are able to work, I would suggest getting a job.
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:58 pm

If i was allowed to work, i would not post this topic :?

I am an Asylum Seeker :(

Sammie

Re: Urgent help and suggestions are required

Post by Sammie » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:12 pm

hamid84 wrote:As i do not have rights to work until case is settled
Whoops, that'll teach me to reply before reading the post properly! :wink:
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:23 pm

Its ok sammie.. Atleast you replied though..

Any ideas how to tackle this terrible situation? I have gone through section 4 support but it's only for people who will be leaving UK.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum ... /section4/

HELP HELP HELP.. I need money to survive

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:47 pm

Out of interest - why marry if you cant support yourself or wife - and then have a child when you cant support yourself, wife or a child?

Seems like self-created problems.

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:21 pm

Gollywood... Being an ayslum seeker does not mean one can't marry and if does then control emotions...

Whatever had to happen has happend and we all know there is a solution for something so i would appretiate if someone could come up with some solution for this problem.

Thanks

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:29 pm

this kind of things made life hell for legal people hsmp / workpermit

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:47 pm

I guess international students are not entitled to benefits on their own?

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:57 am

republique wrote:I guess international students are not entitled to benefits on their own?
There are hardly any benefits for people on HSMP, let alone international students. There's definately no maternity allowances, unless employers give it to part time workers. That being said, the mother should be very careful not to lose her student visa by not going to class.

Hamid, I am no expert on these matters, so cannot give much advice, but I think your only options would be to send an email to NASS asking what the procedure might be for you. You can also get information to try to apply for a student dependent visa (which allows you to work full-time), but I would contact someone like Citizens Advice Bureau or Refugee Council to get some help.

What course is your wife doing, how long is her visa valid for, and is she still attending classes?

What is the situation on your current case? How old were you when it was filed?

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:15 am

I was 17 when case was filed and now its been 7 years and 3 months since we have been waiting for decision. Our solicitor sent SET(o) form to HO stating this family should be granted visa as they have been here for long time etc.

My wife is not attending any classes as she is now 8 months pregnent and baby is due next month. She still have 9 months visa left and doing MBA.

If i became her dependent as spouse, it would change my status and i will lose other benifits as our case is right at the edge. If she comes under me then she will have to switch visa ( btw, we have not registerd marriage in court yet ).

I would surely visit CAB and Refugee council to get further info.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:48 am

hamid84 wrote:I was 17 when case was filed and now its been 7 years and 3 months since we have been waiting for decision. Our solicitor sent SET(o) form to HO stating this family should be granted visa as they have been here for long time etc.

My wife is not attending any classes as she is now 8 months pregnent and baby is due next month. She still have 9 months visa left and doing MBA.

If i became her dependent as spouse, it would change my status and i will lose other benifits as our case is right at the edge. If she comes under me then she will have to switch visa ( btw, we have not registerd marriage in court yet ).

I would surely visit CAB and Refugee council to get further info.
What is your wife's nationality?

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:14 pm

hamid84 wrote:Gollywood... Being an ayslum seeker does not mean one can't marry and if does then control emotions...
Being penniless and have no means to support yourself (let alone 3 people) means you have to forego certain things.

I'd love a 50" Plasma TV - but I will have to do without because I cant afford it....

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:59 pm

She is from Pakistan....

Gollywood do not compare relationship with your plasma.. Even a begger can think of big houses but he dsnt get chance to achieve all that but marriage is something different.

Being an asylum seeker, you can not be deprived from having basic rights...

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:38 pm

hamid84 wrote:you can not be deprived from having basic rights...
and expect someone else to pay for it? thats my point....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:51 pm

I've got a plasma TV 50" but it's only 1080i and not 1080p.

Can I go to a country where I will get a 1080p? Will they give me one cos I really want one? Get my point?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Oh come on guys.. we aint talking about plasmas here :( ... We are here to sort out messed up things so any ideas on how to tackle my situation??

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:00 pm

hamid84 wrote:Oh come on guys.. we aint talking about plasmas here :( ... We are here to sort out messed up things so any ideas on how to tackle my situation??
Just out of interest, on what basis are you claiming asylum? I know Pakistan has seen a lot of trouble recently but it was fairly peaceful when you moved here 7 years ago...

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:37 pm

I belong to Ahmadiyya Muslim Community and there is alot of Persecution against my faith in Pakistan.

For more info visit http://www.thepersecution.org/

http://www.thepersecution.org/news/2007/dtp0128.html

Cheers

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:33 am

I have my own personal opinions about the situation hamid84 is in, self-created or otherwise.

Since folks have piled on and made their opinions clear, I think it's enough and those opinions don't require any further repetition.

@hamid84 --

Sorry I can't offer advice on this. The way the immigration laws are set up are specifically to discourage and attempt to prevent the sort of situation you are now in. The citizens of the UK (and just about every country and community in the world) don't feel any particular obligation to pay for you to have a family.

You are finding it quite difficult to find a way around these laws & regulations right now because the system is designed specifically to close up such loopholes.

It doesn't mean I don't have some sympathy for you, but it will explain why there is very little substantive advice that you will find offered.

the Admin
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:31 pm

I spoke to someone in Refugee council today for benefits and they asked me to come tomorrow.

They will only give me benifits in form of cash ( no accomodation ) which is perfectly fine with me.

Hope every thing goes fine and they put me on NASS SUPPORT ONE

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:17 pm

hamid84 wrote:I belong to Ahmadiyya Muslim Community and there is alot of Persecution against my faith in Pakistan.

For more info visit http://www.thepersecution.org/

http://www.thepersecution.org/news/2007/dtp0128.html

Cheers
What prevents anyone who chooses to do so from claiming that they are from the Ahmediya community? :?: :?:

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Discrimination at high level if they find what you are.. Declared non muslim by Law means you can not call yourself muslim being muslim.

You can not keep same name as muslims ( Usually we do )

You can not practice your faith openly like others.

You are not allowed to Vote

You are not allowed to go in Army

You are not allowed to become sportsman

You name the department only.............