ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for dependant of Tier 2: 5 year route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kampli
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR application for dependant of Tier 2: 5 year route

Post by kampli » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:26 pm

hi,
I am applying for ILR for my wife and son (6 years) using SET(O).
I got my ILR via Tier2 General route in July 2017 using set (o).

in Section 5: Your Finances
5.3 Are you working in the UK? NO
5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or
your partner, or both of you, regularly
give you money? YES

Marked as yes and mentioned £200/- Approx

Given the above:
for page 75:
If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying
at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you
were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the
whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and
your spouse.

Do we need to tick this or not?
In section 2 we have not filled anything apart from dependant child since I already got my ILR.
Given I am not applying now, should we provide co-habitation for 2 years or 5 years.
It does not clearly state, if the dependent is applying separately as the main applicant itself.

Also for:
Your Finances
For all applicants except those applying in the bereaved partner category.
Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building
society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to
maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds.
(See Note 4).

All she has filled is that she receives £200/- approx.
DO I need to provide the documents of employer, slips etc of mine or
just the dependant (wife's) bank statement showing the deposits of around £200/-

Please advice, I have booked for an appointment on 17th Feb, just 4 days left.

Thanks

iamrezaul
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: ILR application for dependant of Tier 2: 5 year route

Post by iamrezaul » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:36 pm

hi Kampli,

How did the application go? My situation is similar to you. I got my ILR from Tier-2 General last year. My wife and daughter (6 years, born outside UK) will apply for ILR soon. But I am thinking to fill up the form a bit different than yours. Do you mind to reply based on your experience, please?

in Section 5: Your Finances
[I am considering "your" in plural form - covering myself and my wife]

5.3 Are you working in the UK? NO
[YES. My wife works too. I am putting total monthly net salary of myself and my wife here. Will detail in a cover letter]

5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or
your partner, or both of you, regularly
give you money? YES
[I will put NO here. YES indicates insolvency. I strongly believe NO is better.]

Marked as yes and mentioned £200/- Approx
[I'm leaving the box blank as I will put NO]

Given the above:
for page 75:
If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying
at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you
were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the
whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and
your spouse.

Do we need to tick this or not?
[I believe it should be left blank as my wife is applying without me. But still I will provide the co-habitation documentation as this is a general requirement for Tier-2 dependant for ILR.]

In section 2 we have not filled anything apart from dependant child since I already got my ILR.
[In this instance, my wife is the main applicant. So, application should be filled in accordingly. Child should be included as dependant]

Given I am not applying now, should we provide co-habitation for 2 years or 5 years.
It does not clearly state, if the dependent is applying separately as the main applicant itself.
[I will provide cohabitation documentation for 2 years (clearly mentioned up to 2 years maximum). Going through other blogs I understand that I need to provide proof for each 4 months]

Also for:
Your Finances
For all applicants except those applying in the bereaved partner category.
Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building
society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to
maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds.
(See Note 4).
[I will provide last 3 months payslips and bank statements of both of us as I have filled total monthly income in section 5.3]

All she has filled is that she receives £200/- approx.
DO I need to provide the documents of employer, slips etc of mine or
just the dependant (wife's) bank statement showing the deposits of around £200/-

Please advice, I have booked for an appointment on 17th Feb, just 4 days left.

Thanks

kampli
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kampli » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi,

my wife and child got the got the ILR, if you are depositing money to your wifes account it should be yes, since it will be true. in your case as you say your wife is working so it may not be relevant.
If they are dependent, it does not mean insolvency.
Also they do ask how do you support yourself in UK, for that I had mention as via husband's income and I provided my employment letter, payslips and bank statements.

2 years co-habitation, (however I just everything I had for 5 years)

Ensure all documents from employer are original, if paylsips are printed off, ensure they attested by your pay team or carry letter confirming they are original.

Thanks
Shiva

iamrezaul
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by iamrezaul » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Many thanks Shiva. It makes sense now.

And, Congratulations to your wife and child.