ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr (fp) on the basis of British Spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Needanswer
Newly Registered

Flr (fp) on the basis of British Spouse

Post by Needanswer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi,

Good day.

I am currently awaiting a decision from the UK Home Office for my FLR(fp) application. I am seeking advice regarding a decision I am about to make.

I came here May 2017 on a visitors visa me and my wife which is a British national, after arriving we sent in an application in July 2017 under the personal live Family route 10year as I and my wife recently got married before arriving and was living together outside of the UK. I did my biometrics in July and received a letter in the same month stating my application was outside the normal procedures and because of that it also falls out of the standard time to make a decision. I called up in January 2018 for an update and I received an email update back, stating that my application is incomplete as a decision hasn't made and they are not in the state to say when a decision will be made.

The country in which my wife and I came from, we have a small business there and we both been here since of May 2017. At the moment my wife is a new employee and can not afford to leave the country. I need to travel asap back to check up on our business.

My question is. Would it be smart to request for my travel documents back and leave the UK for these reasons and apply for a spouse visa back home?