ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 10 Years Continuous Residence - Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

americana
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR - 10 Years Continuous Residence - Documents

Post by americana » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi

I am about sending in my application for ILR under the long residence but not very clear about documents needed.

Also can i apply in person 28 days before the exact 10years anniversary.

Thanks for your help in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - 10 Years Continuous Residence - Documents

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:41 am

1. Have you read the form and guidance notes?? It tells you very clearly what needs to be submitted.

2. Yes within 28 days before reaching 10 years residence counted from date you first entered the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

americana
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by americana » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 pm

You must provide the documents specified below which are relevant to your application. If
you do not, we reserve the right to decide your application on the basis of the information and
documents provided. Tick the relevant boxes to show the documents you are providing. They
must be originals.
Please note that in some cases, we may have to ask for other documents in addition to those
specified in this form.
Passports and immigration documents
Your current passport, national identity card or travel document. If you last entered the UK
on a previous passport or travel document, please also provide this document if you have
it.
Your Biometrics Residence Permit if you have been issued with one since entering the UK.

I also saw the following but not sure if they are all mandatory as i can't provide most of them for that long.

Doctor's Letter
Gas Electricity and water
HMR / Inland Revenue Letter
Council Tax
Employer Letter

On the Initial Requirement page it only specifies the following
You’ll need to provide:

a current passport or other valid travel ID
your biometric residence permit if you have one
all the passports you’ve held during your time in the UK
your police registration certificate if you have one
2 passport size colour photographs

Thanks for you help in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -10-17.pdf
The same page (pg 24) also says the following :
All the passports you have held during this time. If you cannot provide them all, you must
provide the passports you have together with any Home Office letter(s) or other document(s)
granting you leave to enter and/or remain in the UK. You should also provide documents of the
type listed below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any periods for
which you are unable to provide a passport
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 am
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -10-17.pdf
The same page (pg 24) also says the following :
All the passports you have held during this time. If you cannot provide them all, you must
provide the passports you have together with any Home Office letter(s) or other document(s)
granting you leave to enter and/or remain in the UK. You should also provide documents of the
type listed below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any periods for
which you are unable to provide a passport
Ah I see, I was stressed about this! Does it mean things like Doctor’s letter, council tax, utility bills etc. are supplementary documents only when you cannot provide all passports!