ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jppahelga
Newly Registered
Philippines

ILR queries

Post by jppahelga » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi,

I have been reading the ILR requirements and I would like clarify on some matters. The background is I will be working under a tier 2 visa since 2014. I will be eligible for ILR on 2019. My wife arrived 2017 with a PBS dependant visa. Here are the following questions:

1. If I apply for ILR, what happen to my wife’s visa? Will she remain as dependant until she completes 5 years residence? If so, will there be additional fees for my ILR application on 2019?

2. If she gets pregnant before my ILR application, will it affect any maintenance fees to prove that I can have 2 dependants?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR queries

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:15 am

1. If I apply for ILR, what happen to my wife’s visa? Will she remain as dependant until she completes 5 years residence? If so, will there be additional fees for my ILR application on 2019?
She remains as a PBS dependant until her ILR. Your ILR fees will not be affected
2. If she gets pregnant before my ILR application, will it affect any maintenance fees to prove that I can have 2 dependants?
No but there is no maintenance funds requirement for ILR anyway
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jppahelga
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: ILR queries

Post by jppahelga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Thank you so much!