ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Pemit refused for my Mother

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Flickers
Mood:

EEA Pemit refused for my Mother

Post by Flickers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:36 am

Good morning all, my mother has just been refused EEA Family Permit, they want a DNA test to proof she’s my biological mother, and also the funds sent to her is insufficient, I do send her £50 monthly which it’s equivalent is enough for her monthly upkeep in Nigeria. I have been given right of appeal, should I get DNA done and reapply or go through Appeal?
Please somebody help, thanks all.

Flickers
Mood:

Re: EEA Pemit refused for my Mother

Post by Flickers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:54 am

Can somebody help me please?

Flickers
Mood:

Post by Flickers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:32 am

Can I get some advise please guyssss

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:50 am

What are your nationalities and what are the nationalities of your spouse?

I presume that you submitted your birth certificate as a part of the evidence.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Flickers
Mood:

Post by Flickers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks, my wife is a Czech Citizen with permanent resident, but now in University and I’m Nigerian.

Flickers
Mood:

Post by Flickers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:01 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:50 am
What are your nationalities and what are the nationalities of your spouse?

I presume that you submitted your birth certificate as a part of the evidence.
Yes I did submit my birth certificate with her name and that of my late dad on it, I’m a Nigerian Citizen and my Wife a Czech Citizen, we both holds permanent resident.

raph
Newly Registered
France

Post by raph » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Flickers wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:36 am
Good morning all, my mother has just been refused EEA Family Permit, they want a DNA test to proof she’s my biological mother, and also the funds sent to her is insufficient, I do send her £50 monthly which it’s equivalent is enough for her monthly upkeep in Nigeria. I have been given right of appeal, should I get DNA done and reapply or go through Appeal?
Hi flickers, sorry about the refusal 😩 you can do both but I think reapplying with the requested document will be much faster. May I ask you what document you provided and where she applied from ?
I am in the same situation as you, I am French national and my husband is Nigerian we both have permanent residence and we are about to apply for the EEA family permit for my parents in law this week.

Flickers
Mood:

Post by Flickers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:14 pm

raph wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:25 pm
Flickers wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:36 am
Hi flickers, sorry about the refusal 😩 you can do both but I think reapplying with the requested document will be much faster. May I ask you what document you provided and where she applied from ?
I am in the same situation as you, I am French national and my husband is Nigerian we both have permanent residence and we are about to apply for the EEA family permit for my parents in law this week.
The usuals, money transfer evidence, me and my wife’s marriage certificate, Comprehensive Sickness Cover,my Birth Certificate showing my mums name on it. But they are not having of them, saying the Money I sent monthly is not enough for her upkeep. Without considering the exchange value of the pounds, and also no DNA evidence to confirm she’s my bilological hence she wasn’t given the visa, I’m looking in getting a DNA testing done and see what other excuse they’ll give this time around.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Is your birth cert the one issued at the time of your birth or a more recent duplicate one??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Flickers
Mood:

Post by Flickers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:24 pm
Is your birth cert the one issued at the time of your birth or a more recent duplicate one??
Recent duplicate Issued 11 years ago when I got married, same I used for my EE Family Permit, Resident Card and Permanent residents.

Flickers
Mood:

Post by Flickers » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:34 am

Any advice here guys, please?