ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship – Good Character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ankar
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

British Citizenship – Good Character

Post by Ankar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:03 am

Hello,

I am not clear on some of the definitions regarding the good character requirement.

1. A fine for not having a train ticket some 20yrs ago (abroad), paid the same day, no court, no police involved.
2. Do letters such as "final warning" for not paid bills and "final warning" from council to register for voting belong to the "cautions, warnings" category the BC application refers to? I dealt with both issues so they didn't escalate any further.

Are the above criminal offences/convictions or warnings etc and if not, do they need to be declared?

Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement FAQs

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:21 am

Ankar wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:03 am
Hello,

I am not clear on some of the definitions regarding the good character requirement.

1. A fine for not having a train ticket some 20yrs ago (abroad), paid the same day, no court, no police involved.
2. Do letters such as "final warning" for not paid bills and "final warning" from council to register for voting belong to the "cautions, warnings" category the BC application refers to? I dealt with both issues so they didn't escalate any further.

Are the above criminal offences/convictions or warnings etc and if not, do they need to be declared?

Thanks for your help.
1. No.
2. No.

There are two usernames registered to your static IP address. Have you registered a new username to ask questions?

member/Colina/

This is not permitted on the forum.

See multiple usernames (click)
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ankar
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement FAQs

Post by Ankar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:21 am
Ankar wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your help.
1. No.
2. No.

There are two usernames registered to your static IP address. Have you registered a new username to ask questions?

member/Colina/

Administrator wrote:

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Hello,

Yes, that is also my account. I use a laptop and a desktop and haven't realised I had one account already on the laptop. Is it possible to keep one account and delete/ban the other or both will be banned? Sorry about that it was purely my negligence.

Also, thank you for your quick reply to the questions I asked.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement FAQs

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:47 pm

Ankar wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:28 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:21 am
Ankar wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your help.
1. No.
2. No.

member/Colina/

Administrator wrote:

The Admin
Hello,

Yes, that is also my account. I use a laptop and a desktop and haven't realised I had one account already on the laptop. Is it possible to keep one account and delete/ban the other or both will be banned? Sorry about that it was purely my negligence.

Also, thank you for your quick reply to the questions I asked.
Kindly decide which username you wish to keep. Also kindly keep all your questions on the same application in one topic if you choose to keep the other username.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ankar
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement FAQs

Post by Ankar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Can I please keep Ankar? Thank you a lot.

Lambo10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: British Citizenship – Good Character

Post by Lambo10 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:42 pm

Dear all,
Firstly, thanks for your valuable discussions and contributions.
I would like to make enquiry from the board that; can I still travel outside UK and comes back with my Permanent Residence Card even if my application for naturalization is refused under the 10 years immigration rule?.

My application was refused under 10 year UK immigration law consideration. And HO had advised me that any application before 16 December 2020 is unlikely to succeed.
My fear is, would this unsuccessful application have a negative impact on me if am returning back to UK from holiday?, or does it mean that my BRP is no longer valid for travelling in and out of UK?

Sir/Ma, I did require a tangible and substantial answer and evidence, as the refusal is given me nightmares.

Thank you all.

Casa

Re: British Citizenship – Good Character

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:17 pm

Lambo10 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:42 pm
Dear all,
Firstly, thanks for your valuable discussions and contributions.
I would like to make enquiry from the board that; can I still travel outside UK and comes back with my Permanent Residence Card even if my application for naturalization is refused under the 10 years immigration rule?.

My application was refused under 10 year UK immigration law consideration. And HO had advised me that any application before 16 December 2020 is unlikely to succeed.
My fear is, would this unsuccessful application have a negative impact on me if am returning back to UK from holiday?, or does it mean that my BRP is no longer valid for travelling in and out of UK?

Sir/Ma, I did require a tangible and substantial answer and evidence, as the refusal is given me nightmares.

Thank you all.
Instead of tagging your question onto the end of another member's thread, please continue in your own topic where you are already receiving advice.
british-citizenship/citizenship-refusal ... l#p1652141
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.